AH FabricationsBadger5
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 400 Bhp S4

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Milton Keynes, U.K.
    Posts
    33

    400 Bhp S4

    What do you think of this, priced at Ł39,995 with Wayside in Milton Keynes, I've seen it in the flesh and I'm really not sure about the wheels.


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: 400 Bhp S4

    Thats the car that they use for demos. IIRC it's got electric blinds, etc, etc fairly loaded.

    When I was there I asked about the wheels and they said they did it due to them getting kerbed all the time.

    I'm pretty sure it's got the same mods as mine. It probably won't have had a noice life so far i.e. thrashing before warm and many people who are not used to the throttle/clutch.

    I'm sure it's a great car but I'm not sure it's worthy of that price tag.

  4. #3
    Just Plain Old's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: 400 Bhp S4

    [ QUOTE ]
    scoTTy said:
    eerrr Me!

    How many miles on yours now?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    You wrote a chq for your car!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] Well done.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    I,ve got about 18,000 miles on the clock, and still got a throttle problem! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    That London
    Posts
    10

    Re: 400 Bhp S4

    Yep, I've still got a throttle problem with mine too - I can't seem to remove my foot whenever I see open road ahead of me. Sadly, open road is rare in my neck of the woods.

    In reply to the original post and having looked at the Audi website, then I guess it comes down to personal preference. I (personally) don't like the wheels and would have to change them back.

    I don't necessarily think the price is outrageous in dealer terms as long as it is genuinely 400bhp. As far as I am aware, the only way you can get to that figure is via AMD stage 3. If they can't prove that, then I'd make like a banana. If they can, then you're talking about a Ł3300 extra on an already fairly loaded car.

    The other consideration has to be your opinion of ex-demo cars. My (again strictly personal) opinion is that a demo S4 will have been given some stick. Of course, the majority of people buy S4s just for that purpose, so you could argue that any non-new car will have had a degree of punishment and that is what the car is designed for.

    Of course, you could just negotiate a decent reduction off a new car, wait a while and have it fettled yourself.

  6. #5
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: 400 Bhp S4

    [ QUOTE ]
    DocB said:The other consideration has to be your opinion of ex-demo cars. My (again strictly personal) opinion is that a demo S4 will have been given some stick. Of course, the majority of people buy S4s just for that purpose, so you could argue that any non-new car will have had a degree of punishment and that is what the car is designed for.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Personally owned cars may have been taken to the same limits but mine, for example, is always allowed to warn up first and it also gets a cool down. This can make a lot of difference. Also we all get used to the clutch ect where as bunch of demo drivers are practising.

    On a regular car I'd say ex-demo is ok but on something sporty then I'd personally steer clear.

  7. #6
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: 400 Bhp S4

    [ QUOTE ]
    Just Plain Old said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    You wrote a chq for your car!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] Well done.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    No It was an interbank transfer. I bought off a friend and it hadn't even cleared when I took the car! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    It actually went on my flexible mortgage account but I've since paid it off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    That London
    Posts
    10

    Re: 400 Bhp S4

    [ QUOTE ]
    scoTTy said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    DocB said:The other consideration has to be your opinion of ex-demo cars. My (again strictly personal) opinion is that a demo S4 will have been given some stick. Of course, the majority of people buy S4s just for that purpose, so you could argue that any non-new car will have had a degree of punishment and that is what the car is designed for.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Personally owned cars may have been taken to the same limits but mine, for example, is always allowed to warn up first and it also gets a cool down. This can make a lot of difference. Also we all get used to the clutch ect where as bunch of demo drivers are practising.

    On a regular car I'd say ex-demo is ok but on something sporty then I'd personally steer clear.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    In complete agreement. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO