how to tell if your car is remap'd...

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you know how to tell if your car has had a map before??

Can VagCom tell you??

I had my Full Milltek Including Milltek Sports Cat fitted yesterday morning but had to take it easy on way home so couldnt test it, been out today for a "tester" and "my Gosssshhhh" my car flies - Just like my red one after a Map.

Im wondering whether its been map'd already!:think:... I know a sports cat enhances performance but it feels like I have an extra 50 horses.

I changed my N75 Valve to a "J" edition this morning to iron out a few surges and the boost is spot on. feels like my turbo is kicking in earlier and defo has made a positive advantage (and no Limp mode either).

My old CAT was ****** so I kinda expected the more power but now Im contemplating whether to have a map on it. FMIC ready to fit aswell...:eyebrows:

The Guy I had it off did say its had a map but he was an old boy who didnt really get the jist when I said How much BHP is it....he replied its 250bhp..:lmfao:.Yeah right.Obviously didnt know what he was talking about..

next chip.n.spin RR session, take it in and they do before and afters.... might be £250 (?) for the full before-run, remap, after-run OR... might only cost you £50 (?) for one run to confirm the 250bhp ;)

hmmm, but if it is map'd then id be wasting quite abit of money though really..but I suppose I wouldnt mind seeing how much it is for a rolling road!

It defo aint 250bhp though because its still got the standard turbo from what I can see and doubt very much the past owners had the injectors changed etc and the last 2 owners have been older guys Sunday cruisers hence the mileage.

Im sure I read somewhere that a Vagcom can tell if you have a map software on your ECU...not sure though

As far as I know you can't tell through VAG.com as it could play havoc with warranties etc when you go for service and Audi never said anything to me when they had the car.

However when I took mine to MidlandVW for the Custom Code map they said there had been a revo map on before even though it was now running standard power (it wasn't rolling roaded they just got this info through their laptop), so I guess with the right equipment/knowledge you can tell. If your not too far away from them (which I gather your not) they might be able to tell you.

Cheers Stu, that could be my nearest bet! Ill ring them tomorrow and see what they say.
All I know though is if there aint a map on there then Im going to have myself a flying machine when I do get it map'd!:racer:

jus get it dyno'd mate, if the output matches the sticker in the boot then find the seller and sit him on his ****!! job done! 250 ponies. laugh out loud................

injectors, turbo and a remap, then 250, probably quite easilly... much less than that and he's stretching!

You could log the boost the turbo is pulling in vag-com and see if its above the normal 1 bar of a standard car..