JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    sc00byd00byd00's Avatar
    Frank and Beans...............

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlewich, Cheshire
    Posts
    232

    Avant - Rear Wiper / Washer

    After picking up my car, the garage told me that it had replaced the rear wiper washers.

    Never had a reason to doubt them but hasn't tested until yesterday.

    The front jets are working fine so there is obviously water in the system.

    How do I check if everything is connected ok ?

    Cheers,

    Scott

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    technics100's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Co Antrim
    Posts
    774
    You can pull off the plastic cover at the base of the rear wiper then take off the spray nozzle, both just pull off. then use the rear wash and you should see a jet of water come straight out the back, then just clean the nozzle out and put back together, they are very prone to blocking up..


    2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

  4. #3
    sc00byd00byd00's Avatar
    Frank and Beans...............

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlewich, Cheshire
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by technics100 View Post
    You can pull off the plastic cover at the base of the rear wiper then take off the spray nozzle, both just pull off. then use the rear wash and you should see a jet of water come straight out the back, then just clean the nozzle out and put back together, they are very prone to blocking up..
    Trouble is, the dealer told me that he'd replaced the washer jets, and when I bought the car, he's had the cap off and told me that he'd tested it and they were working ??

    Failing that, do the rear jets get their feed from the same washer bottle as the fronts ?

    I'm thinking a tube might have fallen off somewhere in the tailgate

  5. #4
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    The rear feeds from the same bottle as the front.

    So did the dealer replace the jets but still return it not working?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  6. #5
    Woorlord's Avatar
    shifting to Hyperspace... .

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tiptree, Essex
    Posts
    948
    The Avant uses a different pump to the saloon - so I think it uses a twin outlet pump for the front/rear screens.
    Having had my washer bottle off last week to fit headlight washers, if the pump pipe is taken off then the bottle empties onto the floor!

    The pipe is quite thin so it may be a case it has got pinched somewhere?
    I would first check the pipe connections at the pump - just pop out the n/s headlight and you can gain access to the washer pumps.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

  7. #6
    sc00byd00byd00's Avatar
    Frank and Beans...............

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlewich, Cheshire
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    The rear feeds from the same bottle as the front.

    So did the dealer replace the jets but still return it not working?
    The dealer I bought the car off claimed that it wasn't working and that he had it replaced at an Audi Dealership. He claims that he tested it but I never actually saw it working.


    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    The Avant uses a different pump to the saloon - so I think it uses a twin outlet pump for the front/rear screens.
    Having had my washer bottle off last week to fit headlight washers, if the pump pipe is taken off then the bottle empties onto the floor!

    The pipe is quite thin so it may be a case it has got pinched somewhere?
    I would first check the pipe connections at the pump - just pop out the n/s headlight and you can gain access to the washer pumps.
    Oh Ok......... I've only just fitted my 50w Supervision HID's so if I have to take the lights out again....

    Just out of interest. You know the wire assembly that clips onto the back of the headlight unit (with that special VAG clip) Whats the technique for getting them things off cos every time I try using a small flat head screwdriver, I always break the damned thing and the clip snaps off !



    Does Audi have some sort of special tool to take these off ???

  8. #7
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00byd00byd00 View Post
    Oh Ok......... I've only just fitted my 50w Supervision HID's so if I have to take the lights out again....
    Lol I had that, HID's fitted - Hmmmm want new sidelights, fitted them - Hmmmmm want new mains, fitted them, lights out every time!

    Quote Originally Posted by sc00byd00byd00 View Post
    Just out of interest. You know the wire assembly that clips onto the back of the headlight unit (with that special VAG clip) Whats the technique for getting them things off cos every time I try using a small flat head screwdriver, I always break the damned thing and the clip snaps off !



    Does Audi have some sort of special tool to take these off ???
    Mine does that, F*ing hopeless, the single worst aspect of taking the lights out for me, I just know one day it will break permanently
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  9. #8
    Woorlord's Avatar
    shifting to Hyperspace... .

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tiptree, Essex
    Posts
    948
    It's not just me then!!


    Both my headlight connectors are now broken but then do still clip in and the water seal remains intact - I need a very small screwdriver to lift the plastic tab of the lug as the outer clip part got broken off.

    However, I have now found the correct way to remove these locking plugs if the assembly is not broken. Put a large blade screwdriver into the release slot at 90 degrees to the cable/plug direction. Then gently twist a little until you hear a click. Then pull the connector off. You can also use your thumb/finger to depress this tab in certain instances where the connector is clean and free from grime.

    Had the front bumper off last week and had to remove various other cables (Horns / Foglights / in-line loom connectors) and the washer bottle pump wires. This technique is now perfected.


    Hoping to source new headlamp plug shells to replace the ones I broke - we will see - just a pain removing the old wires - although my paper clip method seems to work an other assemblies!
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO