1.8T Noise

nickclements

Reaction score
I have a 2 week old 1.8T (163).

I'm getting a strange noise when accelerating. When approaching 3k revs with the throttle a fair way in (not floored mind), I can detect a high-ish pitched blow/hum which seems to be coming from the right of the engine/dash. Certainly doesn't sound like turbo whistle (btw - haven't heard any on the 1.8T - although I've had plenty of whistles from a 2.5TDI!), and could almost be described as a metallic sound.

Just for info - I'm still running the car in, just less than 600 miles, no revs > 4k and haven't floored it.

Any ideas before I go and pester the dealer??

And another one. At about 5mph after starting up, there is a 'knock' from the underside of the car. Is this the ABS pump?

Thanks,

Nick.

Nick04, I too get that knock after you begin driving just after start up and hit 5mph or so, it sounds like it's coming from the brake area on mine......

I have the same hi picted noise,it comes and goes, 2 months
old 2500 miles,would be interested to here any feed back you can find out from audi, sometimes the noise cannot be heard for 2 to 3 weeks or more ?????

My 2003 18t sport makes the same noise some times had no problems may down to weather conditions I only seem to here it early evening.The noise from the brakes as you move off is something to do with the ABS