Couple of A4 Avant Questions

XRNik

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Couple of small questions. I've got an '02 A4 Avant Quattro Sport and have noticed when driving over speed bumps the rear luggage cover keeps jumping out of the holders and opening. Now I know the obvious thing is just to leave the boot uncovered but wondered whether anyone else had come across this and any possiblr fix/bodge to stop it doing it as it is very annoying constantly having to refit the cover. I noticed that the fixing points seem very shallow.

Also on another note when the aircon is first switched on it smells like what can only be described as we labrador. Will a regas/clean sort this out ?

Cheers guys, any help appreciated

Nik

Hi there -
My avant does not have the luggage cover problem you are describing....are you sure the plastic bits that stick out of the covver and mate with the interior side panels are not damaged or broken ?

The ventilation system in the B6 is absolutely pi$$ poor in the B6 Audi's...utterly abismal to what I used to have in my old BMW's. I have had the system deodorised at least 3 times in 2 years of ownership by main dealers....and it STILL smells like a pile of damp washing thats been left for a couple of days in a heap....:(
Apparently if you turn the aircon off (i.e. switch so the ECON light is on) a couple of miles from home then it allows the system to dry out ....I have tried that and it does not work for me.....
If you find a magical cure - please let me know....
Cheers

when driving over speed bumps the rear luggage cover keeps jumping out of the holders and opening

Your supposed to slow down for speed humps!:racer: lol!!

Hi Nik

Met you on audifans I think ..?

I have never had a problem with my load cover either, in two years and over 30k it has never once sprung free! I reckon like John said the lugs or holes must be damaged ....

The B6 aircon is indeed useless - it does blow cold if you have it on LO, but at 18C is for too warm IMO. A flush and regas will help, various different aircon system cleaners are available on ebay although I have to admit I have never found my aircon to be at all smelly.

.............The B6 aircon is indeed useless - it does blow cold if you have it on LO, but at 18C is for too warm IMO. A flush and regas will help, various different aircon system cleaners are available on ebay although I have to admit I have never found my aircon to be at all smelly.

I converted my centre console from Single-DIN to Double-DIN just over a year ago now and purchased a 2nd hand "hardly used - as new" Double DIN recon comtrol unit and I must say I noticed a difference in the A/C temperatures. My old original 2001 A/C control unit never had any errors wrt VAG-COM, but the newer one does seem better at temp control. Perhaps my newer system has different firmware??

Although - Wet Labradour is still there after I have not used the car between weekends as I pull out of my garage!!
:scared2:

Yes James I am the same from Audifan !

The lugs are fine, I'm guessing it is a combination of too much speed and too hard a suspension, just have to learn to slow down I guess

The aircon is cold enough I have found so far but I guess Summer will be a better test. It's funny cos when I first test drove the car I thought the owner must of had a dog, little did I know it was the aircon making the smell !!!