MODS / REVO

AudiSport

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking to get my A4 190 S-line Revo'd in a couple of weeks and I have been wondering if I should I bother to fit my K&N panel filter before hand? My Mk1 TT felt more responsive with it fitted, however I have herd that they can damage your MAF due to the oil in them?

Also, I have a Forge DV that I bought second hand a while back, is there any benefit in fitting it and of so what colour spring should it have?

not sure if it'd make any difference ot the map - I thought the Revo's were just another one of the static "custom" maps...

if you're getting the map setup to account for better airflow and / or the new DV, then worth getting them fitted beforehand...

I've heard about some initial oil via cone filters and some panel filters, but not sure on specifics - i'm sure somebody has an opinion though!

Hi mate I've got a 190 s-line quattro as well and want it remapped when funds allow,I would love to know how much difference its made to your car when Revo have finnished with it and if you recommend it.Have you posted any pictures of your car?

Hi mate I've got a 190 s-line quattro as well and want it remapped when funds allow,I would love to know how much difference its made to your car when Revo have finnished with it and if you recommend it.Have you posted any pictures of your car?

I'll keep you updated on the revo!

Just for you, I took a few quick pics today in some random car park I drove past as I happened to have my camera in the glove box. The car is great, I only bought it last month! One owner from new and only 40k miles on the clock so it drives perfectly. It was only used for the school run by the previous owner so there is no stone ships etc and the overall condition is amazing. I need to remove the nasty nokia charger though, although the built in bluetooth handsfree is handy!

190_01.jpg

190_02.jpg

190_03.jpg

190_04.jpg

190_05.jpg

190_06.jpg

Filter will indeed make a difference, I would fit it beforehand, this way after you get programmed, the file will adapt with the increased flow that you will see from the panel filter upgrade.

Filter will indeed make a difference, I would fit it beforehand, this way after you get programmed, the file will adapt with the increased flow that you will see from the panel filter upgrade.

okay cool, I will fit it one evening this week. My old TT felt slower when I fitted the 2nd hand Forge DV I bought so I think I should spend £10 on a new spring and service kit before fitting it prior to the remap.

Thanks for posting those pictures the car looks great ,mine's akoya silver as well but it is an avant .Fantastic colour some times it looks silver and others you would say it was lilac.They seem quite rare ,I have'nt noticed any in my area what about yours?Do you get much road noise ,I thought I'd got a wheel bearing rumbling and had the front end checked out but everything was fine they reckoned it is tyre noise.Had it mot'd last week and they also said every thing was ok .Its a lovely car though are you running yours on 95 ron or super unleaded ,sorry for all the questions mate but your a fellow 190 owner,well you are for a couple of weeks until that Revo makes it about 225 .

Hi guys, I'm looking to get my A4 190 S-line Revo'd in a couple of weeks and I have been wondering if I should I bother to fit my K&N panel filter before hand? My Mk1 TT felt more responsive with it fitted, however I have herd that they can damage your MAF due to the oil in them?

Also, I have a Forge DV that I bought second hand a while back, is there any benefit in fitting it and of so what colour spring should it have?

I'm sure I replied to this the other day but my post isn't here? :uhm:

I've been running a K&N panel for over 20k miles without issue. They can cause problems but only after people clean them and then over oil them afterwards - a common mistake.See the K&N site for details and FAQ's.

The Forge valve is well worth fitting but I've no idea what spring you should use - why not ask Forge? I'm using a Hyperboost HX valve and it's been perfect, I just remove it and clean/grease it when I give the car its annual oil change.

As for the map my car is making 233-238bhp with over 255lbft of torque, peaking at 270lbft :superman:

I had it mapped at Star Performance nearly 4 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat since. I have the switchable box too so I can put it back to standard in 4 mins. The car flies and economy is no worse if not better than stock when driven like for like.

You'll love the remap, just look after the car with good oil every 10k and let the turbo cool before switching off the engine :o.k:

KW_5.sized.jpg

KW_4.sized.jpg

:kissmyrings:

BUB - do you run yours on Super or not ?

Nothing but Dude, it says so on the filler flap ;) Optimax then V-Power now and then BP Ultimate.

EDIT - What's the point of me getting a remap and then using 95 anyway? :sign_omg:

I did have to put a tenners worth of 95 in once when my local Shell ran out :( I brimmed it with Optimax within 10 miles :lol:

:kissmyrings:

Thanks for posting those pictures the car looks great ,mine's akoya silver as well but it is an avant .Fantastic colour some times it looks silver and others you would say it was lilac.They seem quite rare ,I have'nt noticed any in my area what about yours?Do you get much road noise ,I thought I'd got a wheel bearing rumbling and had the front end checked out but everything was fine they reckoned it is tyre noise.Had it mot'd last week and they also said every thing was ok .Its a lovely car though are you running yours on 95 ron or super unleaded ,sorry for all the questions mate but your a fellow 190 owner,well you are for a couple of weeks until that Revo makes it about 225 .

Hi mate, yes I do get a little bit of road noise, however the previous owner has very recently fitted a set of lovely Sunny tyres - which are about as cheap as you can get. I guess I would have done the same if I was selling the car. I can't say enough good things about these A4's though - this is my third one. I first has a 2001 2.0L sport which was great but had no go. The FSi engine is very good - but I just missed the turbo punch I was used to from my 1.8T GTi
01-1.jpg

I then bought a 2001 1.8T (150bhp) sport which was brilliant. It had enough go and I got the lowers colour coded and bought some used S-line parts off ebay which I fitted to make it look the part.
01.jpg

However I thought I wanted something a little more sporty so sold it to by a TT which I owned for 6-months. Did loads of nice mods like Eibach springs, spacers etc etc however realised it just wasn't me and I really missed my A4!
TT_32.jpg

So, I sold the TT and bought my current 2004 (190bhp) S-line which is stunning. The drive is amazing and with such low mileage the ride is like new.
A4sline_01.jpg

Yes I do used the expensive fuel. Before I had the car revo'd they asked me what I was going to use as they would set the car up for that. The difference is amazing - I wont go on but it now pulls really REALLY hard and the torques great. The drive is still very smooth however if you put your foot down the turbo kicks in and launches the car. It's no RS4 - however a substantial improvement! Oh, and the average mpg this weekend of mainly motorway is showing 37.5.. Very happy!

This modding business is a slippery slope! Out of interest - what would peoples thoughts be on my next mod? Is this car a K03 or K04 turbo? Is there any other subtle tricks for performance?

hi mate sounds like the remap went well what bhp do they reckon you've got now?Has it made much differance when you accelerate from standstill ,I always seem to be trying to keep up with ****** tdi's until turbo comes in.I'm still waiting for work to pick up so I can get mine done.I can't decide who to go to for my remap as i've spoken to Aps in Brackley and Revo in Daventry both sound excellent and are similar in price.Would you recomend Revo? Thanks for the pics you've had some nice looking Audi's,love the tt whats on the list after the 190 a nice s4 perhaps .Take care mate thanks for the feedback.