Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

S-Line Rear Valance

Hi,
    Im new here. I have a 1.9TDI 115 audi A4.

I have a s-line front bumper but i am trying to source a s-line rear valance.
    Can anyone point me where you can get one or the part number for it?
    I would prefer the one without any cutouts.

Thanks,
    Martin.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Like the one below?

PM Niknak for a part number as this is his, (pre painting and before the sticker has been put on)

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Wel i would prefer if it had no cutout for exhausts. Anyone know?

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    ...noooo not another!!

Martin, tailpipes a must...just look at the arse on that...

1st Gear

Status
    What ya looking at price wise for a good set to fill the cutouts? Where to go to get them?

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Martin69 View Post
    What ya looking at price wise for a good set to fill the cutouts? Where to go to get them?
    I am starting to think about this now - if you have a 2.5 it's easy as it has twin exit pipes already, a 1.9 will need a new rear exhaust section and hangers. Quite straight forward though still. Marc1 has done his this way and it looks good!

Have a look at Powerflow for some ideas - it's about 100 for a pair of tips welded on IIRC.

1st Gear

Status
    Ill have a look at what it looks like. Is there a 'How To' around for a job like that?

Status

My Social Networking

THIS thread is for a cabby, but gives you the idea, I'm sure Marc1 has some pics too - but he will need to look them out for you!

1st Gear

Status
    Your all right that look much better when ya have the stainless steel tips hanging out.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    You know it makes sense

Status

My Social Networking

THIS any use to you Martin?

You would need to check if it's for a saloon or avant as the part numbers are different.

1st Gear

Status
    thanks a million quattrojames... ive just set my ebay account to watch that item... goin to send him a message now for the part number...

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    The one I posted last week went for 12!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    The one I posted last week went for 12!!!
    you sold a rear s-line bumper for 12??? id have given ya 20 for it

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Not me mate, a seller on fleebay...In fact it went for 11, just checked in my ended items!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Not me mate, a seller on fleebay...In fact it went for 11, just checked in my ended items!
    holy SH1T note to self - check ebay.co.uk more often and stop lookin at ebay.de... damm it 11 was cheap

2nd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=quattrojames;756077]I am starting to think about this now - if you have a 2.5 it's easy as it has twin exit pipes already, a 1.9 will need a new rear exhaust section and hangers.

I have a 1.9 Avant and have twin exhausts although they are hidden at the moment is this not standard then?
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

BahnStormer

Status
    Bilko - the 2.5 Quattro has two completely separate pipes, two back boxes, with one mid-sized (TDI-style, downward pointing) exit on each, while the 1.9TDi's (certainly the FWD ones like the 115bhp) normally have a single pipe from teh mid-box to the back left corner, where there is one back box, with two small exits.

See my 2.5TDI Quattro (as per previous Fontain rant) where they supplied the petrol rear valance instead of the closed TDI rear valance....

I'll be sure to get the proper part number when I take my car back in to get this corrected (next Monday-Thursday).

This is what it SHOULD have looked like:
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 18th June 2009 at 13:44.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

BahnStormer

Status
    Okay... update: the part that WAS ordered for mine was "8e5807521ggru"

it would appear that the closed over options are ALL of the following:

8E5807521B
    spoiler
    / diesel eng.

8E5807521B 7DL
    grey

8E5807521H
    spoiler
    / diesel eng.: PR-2K7

8E5807521H GRU
    primed
    /

I'm guessing the S-Line is the last one.... TBC next week!

If you go to VAGCAT.com - rear bumper pages for my car, here are the options: LINK to VAGCAT

or the screenshot:
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 18th June 2009 at 12:51.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status
    i have a rear s-line valance for sale mate, but would want the standard valavce in exchange,it has no cut outs for the exhausts tooo

Status

My Social Networking

Is that last one you listed an S-Line Chris? Vagcat is a nightmare for S-Line bits - that looks to me like a standard rear valance as you had before? They don't seem to have the centre moulded part the S-Line does....

BahnStormer

Status
    James - very true, but the bit where VAGCAT is especially useless is the pics.... all FOUR of those are the same part #5 (TDI closed back).

The part that was ordered for mine (as posted before) was DEFINITELY what is pictured as part #4.... "8e5807521ggru"... so I was just looking for the closed-back equivalent with the same suffix and "description".

Which ties in with my usual mantra on vagcat: The only thing that's worth going on is the suffix's on the part codes.... GRU or PR-2K3 usually seems to indicate S-Line.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    i have a rear s-line valance for sale mate, but would want the standard valavce in exchange,it has no cut outs for the exhausts tooo
    ill keep you in mind mate if i dont get the one im biddin for on ebay... although was hopin to keep the original parts so i can put them back on the car when im sellin it on...

anyway ill see how things work out and pm you if I decide to buy...
    Last edited by Martin69; 19th June 2009 at 00:53.

4th Gear

Status
    [quote=BILKO1;756875]
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I am starting to think about this now - if you have a 2.5 it's easy as it has twin exit pipes already, a 1.9 will need a new rear exhaust section and hangers.

I have a 1.9 Avant and have twin exhausts although they are hidden at the moment is this not standard then?

All quattro's in both B6 and B7 range have twin tail pipes (one at either side). FWD only have two small pipes o the left like Lostbok said.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

1st Gear

Status
    Marc do you know if the exhaust from a 1.8T b7 s-line would fit a 1.9tdi b6?? just the back boxes now not the full system??

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin69 View Post
    Marc do you know if the exhaust from a 1.8T b7 s-line would fit a 1.9tdi b6?? just the back boxes now not the full system??
    Yes it will, I have a 2.0T one on mine, however you need to ensure you are putting a quattro exhaust on a quattro car and a FWD exhaust on a FWD car, as they are shaped differently to allow for the quattro system and fuel tank.

If you have access to the full exhaust, you may as well use it all, it's just sleeved and bolted after the cat before the centre box, so it's the natural place to remove it at ease. You just undo the sleeve bolts, and unclip the hanger after the centre box and the one at the current back box and remove the whole exhaust. Fitting the new one is just the reverse, however you need to order a rear heat shield, hanger and bolts for the drivers side and obviusly fit that first, once you've removed the plastic trim that hides it all. Try pjmspeedy for the heatshield and hanger. It's really straight forward, however a local exhaust place should do it all for a reasonable cost.

Saying all that I assume you have a FWD car? If you've got a quattro, you may as well just cut the tips off and get your local exhaust place to weld on some nice chrome tails for you.

Pic of the 2.0T exhaust on my FWD 1.9TDI (very dirty car though, tut tut)

Last edited by Marc1; 19th June 2009 at 01:26.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

1st Gear

Status
    marc that looks absoultely sweet... its exactly what im goin for... yeah i have a fwd car... i take it you only had an exhaust on one side of your car yeah?? thats what i currently have... ill have to get on to the guy on ebay and find out what it is quattro or fwd...

thanks for the post

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by BILKO1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I am starting to think about this now - if you have a 2.5 it's easy as it has twin exit pipes already, a 1.9 will need a new rear exhaust section and hangers.
    Yeah thats what I meant, 1.9's have double exit pipes and 2.5's have twin pipes as explained by Marc above - I knew what I meant

BahnStormer

Status
    sure that's what I tried to say too!!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    sure that's what I tried to say too!!
    Yes, reading back you said it before all of us!

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone know by the part numbers or picture if this exhaust is from quattro car or not?
    Im looking at getting a exhaust just like it but person who is selling it doesnt know if it is from a quattro car or not. He just gave me part numbers and they match these ones.

Here is the link: http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

Status

My Social Networking

Picture is below, sorry about the massive size it was just lifted from Imageshack.

This is from a Cabby martin, yours isn't is it?

Last edited by quattrojames; 20th June 2009 at 13:34.

1st Gear

Status
    No mine is a hard top Saloon? Will it not fit?

guys here is a link to the exhaust i was thinking of getting...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180368449272

anyone know if it will fit my 1.9 tdi b6 hard top saloon fwd????
    Last edited by Martin69; 20th June 2009 at 13:46.

1st Gear

Status
    Bump. Someone must know???

4th Gear

Status
    Both the Ebay back boxs and the HUGE picture of the full exhaust from the cab are from FWD cars. I'm 99% sure the cab one will fit, however I'd do a little research from Google to find out the overall length of the cab. The saloon is about 3cm longer (surprisingly) than the Avant, so I can't see the cab being massively different, which makes financial sense parts wise for Audi.

I do think the cab tips are slightly bigger than those on the saloon though (at lest on the 2.4 versions I've seen) so they will look much better than the standard 60mm tips.

Not sure if the Ebay back boxes will fit up neatly to your existing centre box though, the 1.9 diesel centre box is a different shape to the petrol and obviously wasn't designed with two exit holes (unless you're quattro), however I'm sure someone could make it fit, just depends how easy it is, to how much it'll cost you.

There's plenty of standard exhausts from B6's and B7's that come up all the time on Ebay, due to people upgrading to Milltek etc.
    Last edited by Marc1; 21st June 2009 at 11:13.
    For Sale