...aarrrgggh!! Frigging Packs

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
:banghead: What is it with Coil packs and 1.8 ****** T's...

Whats the chances of 3 going at once!!! just my luck, thought it was one so bought 2 but still have tiny misfire with the 2 old ones in so off to VW tomorrow for another 2.

4 for £98 from VW beats my stealer though.

not good mate! hasent happen to me jsut yet, but i can feel it coming soon!!!

Typical!!

Juss, so are you saying that the same coilpacks from VW and Audi are cheaper at VW than at Audi, are they exactly the same mate???

Typical!!

Juss, so are you saying that the same coilpacks from VW and Audi are cheaper at VW than at Audi, are they exactly the same mate???

Correct mate exactly the same! I rang audi and they said £32 for 1 but their parts department was shutting for "stock take" within minutes so thought stuff you then - so gave VW a try, £49 for 2.

From now on im ringing Vw first before I ring audi.:yes:

not good mate! hasent happen to me jsut yet, but i can feel it coming soon!!!

Get a couple for spare mate, trust me. There aint never a right time for them to go but there is a Worse time for them to go!:motz:

try Skoda or Seat, I am sure they will be the same parts now.....how long they wlil last though is anyone's guess....my Cupra R never missed a beat in 3 years tho.....

All sorted this morning, I was at Vw parts for 7.58am knocking that door!ha

Running back to normal thank god.

Dropped into http://www.tyresgalore.co.uk/alignment.html on the way home for a John Bean Alignment and boy my Car was bent judging by the graphs - £55 later and no more wonky steering and road noise!!:blush:

Hiya,

Think youresleves lucky. I do diagnostics & fault finding etc. Got called to a non start golf 1.8 the other week, which was constantly blowing 1 of the ecu fuse's.

Traced the wire all the way to the main feed for the coilpacks. It appears it was a direct short & blowing the fuse. Not too drastic, but....

I posted my find on a diagnostics forum I frequent, only to have a few replies thrown back that this guy was sooooo lucky. Normally the packs have a tendancy to go, ala any VAG car, but on the golf, it is apparently common for them to set fire causing all sorts of damage, not even taking the fuse out.:gun2:

Aah well, to put your minds at rest, no one had come across an Audi doing it<S>

Tara folks, Shane

I've had 4 different 1.8t engines over the years, and have never had a coilpack go on me. Just sayin'.

Sounds awfully familiar mate :yum: I thought I was 'lucky'? when two went in the same day - Three though, thats almost funny!

Well they are Brand Spankers so hopefully I wont have to renew them again!!

BLP - Have you sorted the Rear out yet??? All good???