Which turbo?

Renbod

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 53 plate 1.8t (190)Sport but don't which turbo I have, does anyone know if I have a k03 or a k03s?

Cheers
Carl

Hi Renbod,

I was told that there are many variations of the K03 and the K03S and it's not as straight forward as being one or the other.

Have a look at this post, I hope it helps rather than confuses further!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=70111

I'm sure one of the guys on the forum will know which exact model it is.

Stu

Cheers Stu, that's the answer I was looking for. I won a neuspeed intake from fleabay for under £5 but said it would only fit K03 turbos and not the K03's.

I'll fit it next weekend and fit my Cupra R splitter at the same time.

If its the 190bhp then it will be an S but this is more of a code name and all are K03, your will be the latest Ko3's for the B6.

If its the 190bhp then it will be an S but this is more of a code name and all are K03, your will be the latest Ko3's for the B6.

Ah ******, does that mean the neuspeed inlet I just got wont fit?

Ah I know why it will not fit.

The 190bhp A4 comes with duel SMIC and the normal 1.8T's only come with Single SMIC and the TIP will not point or be the right shape to hook on to the Duel SMIC.

Ah I know why it will not fit.

The 190bhp A4 comes with duel SMIC and the normal 1.8T's only come with Single SMIC and the TIP will not point or be the right shape to hook on to the Duel SMIC.

Ah, well spotted, I didn't think of that. :blush:

I'm in the same boat as you I want silicone pipes for the tip but with the DSMIC there just is not any on the market only for the intake side.
No love for the 190 boys:tumble:

One second.

The TIP goes from the Air box to the Turbo not Turbo to intercooler so it should fit.

I know I'm contradicting myself I just needed to think about it and I'm sure it wil fit (figers crossed).

Ah cool, I'll give a go at the weekend and let you know.