Best route to upgrading your B6 suspension

QuottroA4

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am sure it has been done before but I wanted to start a new thread to discuss which spring / damper set up is best for the A4.

I am currently considering upgrading from my OEM 'Sport' set up which has been on the car all of its 115k life so far. Whilst the 'red' OEM shocks + sports sping offer a firm ride, I find that the front end can be jittery over rougher roads (especially when cornering) and despite fitting an RS4 RARB I still have body roll. I suspect this is due to worn of 'sagging' shocks which like I said, have done 115k (according to a mechanic friend Audi recommend using shocks for only half that milage? :think:)

I had the Eibach + FSD setup on my vRS but found the ride far too harsh (handled ****** well tho) What is the best route to go down? FSD's with the current springs, Sport line kit or maybe a spring and damper kit like the KW or Wietech jobbies? (cant afford coilovers btw!!)

What are your experiences and/or opinions peeps?

Cheers
Rich

-

I have done in the past and he recommended the KW set up but I wanted to put it out to the forum, see what experiences and opinions other people have had :sm4:

Still quite tempted by the FSD's with the std spings as my experience of aftermarket springs has been improved handling but at the expense of the ride comfort. Keeping the std springs wouldn't alter the camber etc also.
just worried that it might not be a good idea keeping the old springs..are s-line springs any good?

Cheers
Rich

I have FSD's & Eibach Pro 30mm on my A3 8P & they're very good indeed & not harsh at all, all from DPM.

Bit of a poor response on this thread, surely there of more members with knowledge / experience on this subject? :rolleyes:

Mate there's loads of threads on the site about suspension, but I think for what you want the FSD's etc are what you would be best with given cost & quality, but TBH ride comfort isnt an issue at all with FSD's & the lowered springs, infact its much better cause there is no bouncy castle rides anymore, so its improved all round.

KW's tbh are more harsh than FSD's from reports & I wanted the trade of between ride comfort & handling & only thing that was middle road of either were the FSD's.