b6/7 revo'd

howdy quattro

Reaction score
finally got it done!! was running 151.8 bhp which is good as standard as its the 110kw model, since the mapping it now runs 200.4 bhp and feels like a new car, pulls brilliant from bottom to top now. real impressed. thanks loads to the corten-miller boys on the east coast of lincolnshire. friendly service and they know their stuff.

Easy mate, how you doing? makes a whole world of difference dont it.LED foot will be out all the time now.ha!

I still need to get mine done but its going to be the last thing, hopefully few weeks.

sounds a good remap figure,nice one

im good thanks juss, yeah i'm trying to be sensible but they fitted a bailey dumpvalve and it sounds awesome when you let off the boost and its so responsive now. get it done fella, you wont regret it!!!

I was close to taking up and offer with AMD I found and that was the Full Milltek including REVO & Rolling road for £1468. But I know who Im getting for the Map so I just went with the Milltek from another source, turned out to be £292 cheaper - which will pay for the Map anyway

not sure what im going to do about an exhaust, i like it quiet!! think i'll just stick on a decat to help the turbo out abit. not sure what to do. plus my girlfriend likes it quiet too so i wanna keep the peace in more ways than one!!

watch out with the AMD remaps... it's far from a "custom" map... just £400+ for the same thing that Chip'N'Spin were doing for £250 last Sat, except C'N'S give you more options...

Now admittedly this was abotu 4yrs back: I was supposed to get "before and afters" with mine there when I got my high lift cams done on the Golf... they messed me around a fair bit: they completely neglected to do the before plot... said that there had been a problem with the Rolling Road (annoying, but kinda fair enough since I'd had it dyno'd there 2 months before I wasn't too bothered), but then to not have the after-map and having no warning that it wouldn't be ready and no offer of a discount...

I decided to leave the car with them for a few hours extra on the day I was due to pick it up (after they'd already had it for a week!), but they "didn't have enough time to get it on the dyno that day".... and then a whole separate trip (3 hour round trip and a four hour wait) to their old site in Bicester to get the after dyno done "properly"... the last of which, they had to "re-print" it and tried to fob me off with a standard 8v GTI map - clearly NOT one for high-lift cams... when I complained they said they weren't sure it had actually been dyno'd, but they were a bit busy that day (despite me having booked that in a MONTH beforehand) and I should bring the car back next week.... I've never been back, they clearly have too much business to need any more of mine.

When I did get it tested properly.... turns out the fuel pressure regulator couldn't cope over 5500rpm (power curve just ran flat from 5500 to the rev limiter at 6600).... a new PBV later and suddenly I was running 20bhp up on where I was before and it was pulling HARD to 6250rpm and holding most of that up to the limiter... which I'd never have really known about thanks to AmD not bothering to do their jobs properly.

edit: and while I'm having a rant.... £350+VAT for cruise control?!? When others do the same OEM hardware, fitted and Vag-com'd for £180 inc VAT?!?

I must admit I have heard some bad reports for the last yr or so about AMD which really led me more to not doing the 180mile round trip. Think its since they changed ownership IIRC. MRC are the better of the 2 but I ended up being hasty and went with my other option as my ear started to burn beingon the blasted phone all morning searching!