Euro Plates & Euro frames

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Well i'm in two minds about having Euro style pressed plates and frame's
I have pulled the triger and bought the Audi ABT frames but not yet fitted
them.Are any member's running the above.
Pop up some pic's please to help me make up my mind.Cheers

Hi stu i have already got the frame's i'm just holding back on buying the pressed Euro
plate's,need to see some A4 rockin the frames and plate's ..

I'm sure someone has them and will post a pic...

Just be careful if you do go for it incase they're illegal. (see the last link on my previous post).

Pressed plates are illegal but if your order through dubmeister they get legal ones imported from germany :icon_thumright:

Richardesty just out some on his car in the B7 section. I think the pressed plates look much better, glad they are not illegal over here, although we can't have a yellow year plate:(

Euro plates

DSC00764.jpg

Talked my way out of 2 x £30 fines then removed them.

The plate surrounds, anyone know where I can have some custom made?

I'm looking at replacing the plates with some clean fresh ones but also wanting to customise the surrounds.

the BSAU145d refers to the fact that the plates have the company name & address of who/where the plates were made/printed by......i think

i have seen alot of these plates about and think they look really good and i need my front one replacing cuz it is cracked so i might dive in and get a set

From DVLA Factsheet V796 "Display of Registration Marks for Motor Vehicles"

The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the following:
1. The B.S. Number (currently BS AU 145d)
2. The name, trade mark or other identifying means of the manufacture or component supplier.
3. Name and postcode of the supplier.

Full leaflet HERE

From that Dubmeister link the font etc looks the same, but the reflectivity may be different? IMO those 'legal' Dubmeister plates look like the old metal plates displayed on cars before plastic plates came along and kind of miss the point of the German plates!

I got German plates on mine and got pulled by Essex Police who told me to get rid of them (still have'nt). Got them on Ebay for £15. I've also got the surrounds that i got for free (courtesy of my in-law) from a dealer in Germany.
Reasons the Police gave were the font, lack of some BS (no pun) numbers and that the font is raised.
I have however heard from a number plate suplier in Hayes that you can use the 3D plates in the correct font.

SWORKS16.
Nice plate ,the only thing is with dubmeister you have to send of your car doc's
i don't fancy that..

i got mine from ultimate dubs when i went there, i'm not sure how it works maybe they accept faxed copies?