AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

b7 cabrio rear lights onto a b6 cabrio

Hi,

Audi have said Ł80 each for the b7 cabrio rear lights, which isn't a bad mod to give the back of a cab a newer look. Breakers charge about Ł50 each....

Anyone done this? I know its a straight swap and that an adaptor can be bought from kufatec (or someplace) so the computer sensors doesnt detect faulty bulbs. But I want to know from peoples experiences?

Any advice would be greatful... Thank you

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I did it a while ago, like you say straight swop cluster wise, and just add the wiring adapter from Kufatec, the drivers rear cluster kufatec adapter has a large metal resistor as it doesn't have a reverse light on that side, its a fog light instead

When the car is in reverse the metal resistor gets to about 300c so be careful it can melt anything near it, including the wiring for the light

Didn't think the light were that cheap from Audi, I paid more for them 2nd hand !! than what you say for brand new
    Last edited by blackpool1974; 24th May 2009 at 22:58.

Neutral

Status
    Yea, thats with VAT. but then again, 50 each from a breaker sounds better. So the adaptor is a must then, i'll order one when i get it done...

The brake light on the boot lid can be done too then?

Thanks for the help, i just needed the reassurance

1st Gear

Status
    I checked a few breakers and they wanted more than Ł50 aswell

You can do the middle brake light, a few have, I didn't as I don't actually know what the difference is ??

Once I fitted the new rear clusters I wasn't over impressed actually, just one of those if I can change something that fits a newer car, I do it !!!

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dhillon884 View Post
    Yea, thats with VAT. but then again, 50 each from a breaker sounds better. So the adaptor is a must then, i'll order one when i get it done...

The brake light on the boot lid can be done too then?

Thanks for the help, i just needed the reassurance
    I phoned a dealer this morning to check and they said they were Ł81.08 ex VAT so 93.24 inc. Which dealer gave you that price ?

I can supply them brand new for Ł82.79 each inc VAT. PM if anyone interested.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Neutral

Status
    Got some clusters today from a guy breaking a 2008 3.2 quattro... shame it had a very bad front end crash....

I did want to stick them straight on, but I'll wait until I get the adapter, can anyone send me the link on where to order it from? Kufatec.....

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...8H-Cabrio.html

What did you end up paying for the pair ?
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

Neutral

Status
    105quid from a guy who was breaking a 2008 one... mint condition...

The price i got from dealer was wot i jotted down wen i was speaking to the guy, i may have misunderstood...

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Sounds like you got yourself a Bargain there!

Neutral

Status
    How long does a delivery from Kufatec take?
    This morning I checked on thier website and my order status is "complete/delivered"... What does this mean? I don't have anything?

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    I've never bought anything from them so sorry can't help!