Glovebox Cooler

tonyrampanttiger

Reaction score
Hello, I've been looking to retrofit the cooler into my a4 when i eventually get it back from the panel shop.

Is it really just the case of getting the connection pipe and outlet and connecting them up?

part numbers are

pipe
8E2816311

fresh air outlet
8E0820701 4PK

apologies if this has been covered before, if so could someone post a link please

TBH mate it only works with aircon being on anyway & it wasnt that good as I had this in my S4, so unless you are planning on having aircon on 24/7 then its pointless, a cooler box with ice packs would be better in boot, I think you can buy a 12v cooler box for the boot IIRC from audi.

As NHN said, it's only really good for keeping a sandwich cold etc. I got a 12v cooler box in the boot, it's not an AUdi one (which are very nice), but it was £12 from Ebay and now I have cold food and beers when I get to the destination, even when that destination is in France :beerchug:

lmao sandwich cold, lol, but its true aswell, it was rather pathetic IMHO

TBH mate it only works with aircon being on anyway & it wasnt that good as I had this in my S4, so unless you are planning on having aircon on 24/7 then its pointless
Unless you press the ECON button (or it's freezing outside) the aircon is on 24/7 anyway.

The incoming air goes through the aircon until to cool it and dry it, if the climate control is set to a higher temperature than the now cooled air it's then routed past the heater matrix. So even on a cool day the aircon is on even though there is hot air coming out of the vents - the advantage being that the air is warm AND dry, so if it's raining it clears the windows faster and keeps them clear.

Uh not for me Dave, I always use econ mode mate which is why I said only works when utilising the aircon which most people know cools things down of course at low temps alot better than when on econ, I seem to remember a nice melted mars bar in the glovebox, lol.

Uh not for me Dave, I always use econ mode mate which is why I said only works when utilising the aircon which most people know cools things down of course at low temps alot better than when on econ, I seem to remember a nice melted mars bar in the glovebox, lol.

Any reason you leave it on econ NHN, have you noticed a difference in the fuel economy?
I have always left my climate on all year round. I never have to worry about steamed up windows or the seals going dry in the system, which I understand can be a problem if not used.

I have always had cold air on even in winter without ac engaged as such, my old workmates used to wear jackets cause was so cold, lol, but I just preferred it & also fuel was a concern, I used it every now & again to make sure all good but otherwise was just a personal preference, why have it on if I really didnt need it

As NHN said, it's only really good for keeping a sandwich cold etc. I got a 12v cooler box in the boot, it's not an AUdi one (which are very nice), but it was £12 from Ebay and now I have cold food and beers when I get to the destination, even when that destination is in France :beerchug:

Anyone got a pukka Audi Cooler box for sale out of curiosity ?

Uh not for me Dave, I always use econ mode.
Don't think I've ever used ECON mode ... the difference in fuel mileage with the aircon on ECON mode with an S4 or RS4 is so tiny it just ain't worth it IMHO. I'd rather have dried air coming into the car to keep the windows demisted.

Everyone to there own & considering how thirsty they are any saving is good especially since I didnt need it on 24/7 anyway, but in grand scheme of things I guess it didnt really make so much diffderence of fuel on those car types huh, lol