lpg conversion

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
hi there peeps, my dads has just bought a clk500 and he bought it with the intention of doing an lpg conversion as he does well over 20,000miles a year. iv had a quote from a company to do the conversion for £1750, but what kind of figures are we looking at in terms of mpg, i understand that u get slightly less in mpg than petrol but as lpg is half the price it works out to almost 30-40mpg.

at the moment we are getting 16mpg around town and 30ish on a run, so shoould we expect around 30mpg around town and around 50-60ish on a run, if converted to lpg?

thanks guys

hi there peeps, my dads has just bought a clk500 and he bought it with the intention of doing an lpg conversion as he does well over 20,000miles a year. iv had a quote from a company to do the conversion for £1750, but what kind of figures are we looking at in terms of mpg, i understand that u get slightly less in mpg than petrol but as lpg is half the price it works out to almost 30-40mpg.

at the moment we are getting 16mpg around town and 30ish on a run, so shoould we expect around 30mpg around town and around 50-60ish on a run, if converted to lpg?

thanks guys

the actual mpg will remain the same but the cost per mile will obviously be cheaper on lpg (50p/litre) than petrol (1.00/litre) so based on an average of 30 mpg and 20,000 miles per year it will take just over 13 months for the lpg conversion to have paid for itself.

oh right so the mpg stays the same, i thought i read that mpg might be affected by 5-10% but depends on the lpg system fitted?
my local garage chares 49.9p / litre for lpg, happy days!!:)