RS4 cab interior trim

lt barnett

bean counter
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone can assist me with instructions on how to replace the interior trim in an 2002 A4 Cab.

I won a full set of carbon fibre trim from a RS4 cab on ebay last weekend to replace the wood inserts I currently have.

2 rear trim inserts
2 door trim inserts
long dash insert
light switch surround insert
gear surround
rear ashtray
front ashtray

Are there any instructions on the safe removal and fitting of these anywhere

So your the one that won it! Blimey it was a few quid!!

Want to sell your old set ? If so pm me the price. I was talking about how you change this last week with 1wheelonly.

He was saying that the door trims pop off and the trim above the glovebox is screwed in. You need to remove the side panel from the dashboard. Around the gear lever should pop up but as for the bit around the light switch I can't remember! DOH

I'm sure 1wheelonly will be along shortly to help out.

Get some pictures up when done :thumbsup:

as pjm says, the door ones are straight forward enough, if memory serves me well they sort of hook in one end and clip in, take a look at the new ones and youll see that they are clip in.
the glove box one is a screw in from the inside, behind the side panel which pops off, youll see a hole, inside there is i think a little torx screw or a 8mm bolt, undo this first and pull trim out from this end first and the rest i believe is just clips.
the one around the light switch requires the whole switch trim to be removed which involves the side panel off to reveal the side fixings for the switch trim, may also need to drop the lower part of the dash below the steering wheel to get the other fixings, straight forward, once you get the switch trim out youll see the fixings for the dash trim at the rear.
hope this doesnt sound to daunting as its all staight forward enough, just inspect all your new trims, this will give you a better understanding of the fixing points and my limp effort of a description !!
hope it helps.

get some pics up when its all in, carbon will be smart !!!

youve pretty much sumed up the whole thing there 1wheel

just received the trim on Friday finished putting it in yesterday, looks great.
Am away on business for the next couple of days but will post pics as soon as I get back.

The wooden trim will be up for sale if anyone is interested.

Audi A4 cab 2002 2.4 sport

B7 steering wheel
Sat nav
blue tooth
RS4 carbon fibre trim interior
RS6 19 inch alloys
RS6 silver mirrors
CD auto changer
K&N panel filter
rear bumper lower spoiler
smarttop