Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    POC
    Reverse Gear

Status

Interesting one for all you 3.0 V6 owners - INDUCTION KITS

Hi guys, I had been looking for a long time for an induction kit for my 2001 3.0V6 with no real joy apart from some seriously expensive stuff.

So I took a punt, saw a guy selling a K&N induction kit from a 1998 Subaru Impreza turbo, snapped it up for 25, took the airbox out of the car yesterday and bugger me the cone slipped straight on! Perfect fit! Sure I have to make a little bracket to support it but that will only take a few mins, I was so suprised as I never thought it would fit.

As for the sound, my god its amazing!!!!

Nice little tip for you there guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

Space Cowboy

Status
    hehe thats what I have on mine, the stainless cone filter off my old scooby. Good eh?

Fits the 1.8T with just a bit of duct tape used to build the MAF entrance up to the size of the huge apexi cone, sounds good but I'm getting fed up of the dump valve sound, its turned it into a posh chavmobile
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

Reverse Gear

Status
    That's well worth knowing. I am due to get a 3.0 A4 Avant in the next couple of weeks and have been scouting around for an induction kit for one and like yourself could only find really expensive ones so good tip. Is it just the late 90's spec ones that fit or are they are pretty much the same. Not knowing much about Scoobys I would like to get the right one !

Be good to see a photo of it fitted if you've got one.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POC View Post
    Hi guys, I had been looking for a long time for an induction kit for my 2001 3.0V6 with no real joy apart from some seriously expensive stuff.
    Previosuly, I contacted K&N regarding my B6 3.0V6 thinking maybe the B5 2.8 V6 kit would be compatible and they advised it was not and they strongly advised to only fit the replacement K&N Air Filter cartridge. I think the air intake on the 2.8 vs 3.0 are near identical based on pictures I've seen - but could not confirm 100%.

It is noted that K&N Induction kits are available for 1.8T etc.

Apart from the sound - have you noticed any performance increases on the B6 3.0V6??
    Last edited by Woorlord; 10th May 2009 at 08:58.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

4th Gear

Status
    an induction kit will ad no gains what so ever on the a4 infact it will probably rob you of power, as the design of the standard intake cannot be improved upon i am afraid lads i have a pipercross panel filter in my air box
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851 View Post
    an induction kit will ad no gains what so ever on the a4 infact it will probably rob you of power, as the design of the standard intake cannot be improved upon i am afraid lads i have a pipercross panel filter in my air box
    Thanks for the confirmation - As suspected - from reading older posts!
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation - As suspected - from reading older posts!
    no worries, i tried myself and my car didnt feel as quick. the airbox is pretty close to the turbo on the 1.8T so it was taking in a lot of hot air and saping power, it sounded ok though. even a carbonio which looks good will add no gains at all
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

POC
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Morning fellas, I didnt fit it for any power gains, fitted it for the induction roar alone, and boy does it roar! Saying that, the engine does appear to rev a little more freely.

[QUOTE=XRNik;731589] Is it just the late 90's spec ones that fit or are they are pretty much the same. QUOTE]

Well, the one I have was from a 1998 Impreza, which is the classic shape, built until 2001 when they changed to the bugeye.

Space Cowboy

Status
    yeah mine was a mk1 scoob 1996, this is the only pic of it I have at the mo...and regarding the temps, even after a hard drive my filter remains cold to touch since I have a steel heat shield mounted next to the turbo and the oem cold air feed still in place so it never gets hot.

B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POC View Post
    the engine does appear to rev a little more freely.
    Placebo.

POC
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Placebo.
    Bless you :D

I'm not a 17yrd old wanna be racer boy fella, I know how an engine works and can tell when its reving more freely - and it is. thank you.

6th Gear

Status
    Lol, slightly defensive there

Be sure to read this down to the bottom of the page if you get a moment

I can only imagine your OE filter was filthy.

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost...mentairfilters