Tdi avant help

dannyFR+tdi

Reaction score
Hi, Im new on this site and looking for some advice on what to look for on a 04 reg A4 avant tdi sport i may be looking at over the weekend. Any help/advice would be appriciated

Danny

Anyone please help, Im going to look at one tomorrow and will be trading in my leon FR+

1.9tdi or 2.5tdi ?
imo the 1.9 is almost bullet proof but the 2.5 has a few common problems.
just make sure it is hpi clear with genuine mileage and have a fsh.

and cambelt done recently as it's every 60k miles or 4 years.
Our 1.9TDi 130 has done 210k miles now still on original everything except for the turbo which I'm sure was a result of useless longlife oil that was used in it until we got it at 110k miles. Just make sure you get the 130bhp model.

Thanks for the replys, Its an 04 A4 pd130 estate sport (Would that be the avant??) Its got 87k on it FSH and cambelt done at 60k. So i need to check that it looks and drives straight, Verify the history, HPI check and im good to go then

2.5TDi is fab....just make sure it has a FSH and a cambelt change after 5 years or 80K

Whats alltypes?! :think: Glad you got a deal done, looking forward to the pics.

Its at bodwyllen castle (if thats how you spell it) near rhyl, Mostly air cooled vw's But quite alot of water cooled go too, Im on a stand with about 20 other cars so it'll be pick car up from leeds friday and drive back to just outside manchester and start to give it a detail (First thing to do when getting a new car)