Rear Aero Wiper

djcormie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any of the newer model aero wiper kits that will fit the rear screen of a B6 Avant, I only bought a new wiper before Christmas and its already not wiping the window the best, not that bad but just annoying.

I got the front set changed to aero wipers from VAG parts but at the time they didn't seem to do a kit for the rear

Cheers for any info

Mark

I used to have a polo rear aero wiper (mk 6 IIRC) on my a3.
I was a bit dubious about weather it would be big enough when buying it.
It was easily big enough though and tidied the rear end up a treat.
I got it off ebay for around £25 but it may be worth going to a Vw dealer to
check their prices as they may be cheaper.
I think the Mk5 golf one MAY also fit.
Had a quick look on ebay and I think this is the same as the one i had,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aero-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-VW-Polo-Mk4-Mk5-1994-2002_W0QQitemZ390047328138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item390047328138&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Hope this helps

RyanJon

Is that much neater than an existing rear wiper arm then? Not £27 neater surely!

Is that much neater than an existing rear wiper arm then? Not £27 neater surely!
Haha...maybe not, although I dont know what the wiper looks like on the avant,
as mines a saloon it doesn't have one......if its anything like that of an 8l a3 though,
it will be the best £27 you ever spent!!

Quite neat I had thought :uhm: This is an old pic, and the best I could find, but you get the idea:

AOCCastleCombe140608012.jpg

Quite neat I had thought :uhm:
Your not wrong there mate!!.....but the polo one is slightly....and i mean slightly neater!
The one on my old A3 was a shocker!!..
Must say though I would be changing it....if I had one. Its the itchy feet thing of always looking for your next mod.
It would be nice to have matching aeros all round aswell I think.

Yeah I agree about looking for the next mod, but an aero rear wiper is well down my list lol!

The existing wiper arm is very neat, but I think the wiper itself doesn't wipe the window that well, I only replaced mine in November and its already leaving a 2" smear in the middle part of the wiper. The aero wipers on the front are brilliant, so I thought I'd give them a lash on the back, if I could.....and I think the aero wipers look more modern