induction kit

nickyb

nickyb
Reaction score
hi, i got a 04 plate 3.0ltr a4 cab and was wondering what the best type of induction kit would be for it i used to have a 2.5 vectra with k&n and it sounded great but what is the best for the audi k&n or something like green cotton any help would be good please.

ive got the same car as you and i have the green cotton replacment panel filter

Green Panel Filter Part number P960500

i got it from jkm.org.uk who were the cheapest i could find at the time

as for the cold air intakes i havent looked into them

Cold intakes only get results when the engine bay is very full and the car is sucking in lots of hot air rather than fresh cool air from outside... nice idea, but the Viper kits are a bit pricey for the proper COLD air induction...

Try some performance filters first (Green Cotton / K&N replacement panel filters)... induction kit will be slightly more free-flowing, but can be a lot louder (unless that's what you're after?).... jsut keep the old panel setup if you do go for the induction kit,s o you can switch back if and compare again further down the line (I didn't keep mine for my golf :( )...

thanks i will check out the panel filters not to sure about the induction kit now it did make the vectra sound alot nicer when accelerating might see what it sounds like but as you said keepin the old panel thanks.

I used to Love the sound of the Pipercross foam on a V6.:eyebrows:

there's "sounds nice for a bit" and then there's the practicalities of it when it's your daily driver....

Id never get bored of the V6 Rumble.Doesnt sound half as "raspy" as the 1.8t K&N.More of a Burble!
Piper are pretty hard to come by for certain Models though.
I used to have the ITG Panel filter on my Scooby and that was a Nice note for the Boxer engine that did sound just like a V6 Rumble.

On these 1.8ts, i used to have a K&N and that eventually got on my ****** nerves so took it off and went with a Green filter.Spot on!