Cheap S4 rear valance look DIY

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Thought this might be a good read.

well since ive gotten a rediculous amount of pm's about this ive decided to buy a valence off the classifieds and make a diy so i can share with my community

all you need is a rear valence from a b7 i used a valence from a non s-line b7 a4, you will also need a drill and a few self tapping screws,

IMG_3240.jpg

once you get the valence you need to trim the clips that lock into the stock b7 bumper, here is a picture to compare how it looks before and how it should look after you trim it (make sure you do not trim the screw tabs on the bottom half of the valence

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

you want to make sure that the cuts are completely straight, i masked them off and trimmed the valence with a dremel

once you trim the edges proceed to your bumper and remove the 2 hex key screws on the bottom of your bumper. make sure you dont loose these 2 screws you will reuse them
IMG_3247.jpg

now you can go ahead and line up the valence with your bumper, the exhaust cutouts will match perfectly and the valence will slide in place
IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

once you get it in place make sure you put the screws back that you just took out, the screw tabs on the valence i mentions earlier will match up perfectly with them

now once you have that done take a look at this picture,
here you will see that there are 2 extra holes on the bottom valence, these holes will have to be made with the self tapping screws once the valence is on your bumper,
make sure to do this on both sides of the valence,
IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

once this is done make sure the valence is in place and sturdy.

now take a step back and enjoy. this small and cheap mod will change the
looks of your rear

now some1 needs to just come up with a good name for this mod [:D]

im sorry this isnt tthe best DIY but i tried so enjoy

Before:
IMG_3243.jpg

After:
IMG_3249.jpg

img0844c.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

Just wondering if anyone knows if this will work on a B6 cabriolet as I want to put a B7 S4 rear valence on for my Milltek??

I thought the part on the s4 is glued onto the bumper and therefore not detachable?!