Engine Trouble

Renbod

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the "limp" mode but when my car boost slightly over 1bar the boost drops to 0bar and it wont boost any higher.
Then it struggles to get over uuhm 60mph and even struggles to pull away from a focus. If I re-start the ignition it's seems to re-set something and drives fine until boost hit's 1bar again. I don't have any lights on the dash and I don't have VAG com (yet) so I can't see what the problem is.

Does anyone know what could be the issue? :sos: It sound's like a sensor issue to me but I'm not sure what or where.

It's a 1.8t (190) and hasn't been chipped but I do have a pipercross panel filter and a forge 007 dv, although these have been on the car for month without any problems.

Cheers
Carl

Your car shouldn't be boosting as high as 1 bar tbh. S the oor car is puttig you in limp to protect itself.

You need to get it scanned to see whats going on. My bet is N75 valve not regulating boost as it should

Cheers Byzan, I'll see if I can get it scanned. If I need a new N75 valve I might aswell upgrade to a J or N :yum:

It's fixed :yahoo:

I spoke to my mate who works for Audi, he said it's one of three things:

1)MAF
2)N75
3)Pressure Sensor

I disconnected the MAF for a day but still had the same problem, so it wasn't a MAF issue. I took the car over to him last night and he cleared a few error's then took it for a spin, he then re-checked the car for errors and could see "turbo/super charger overboost condition". He also found a spare pressure sensor so swapped it for mine, I've re-tested the car this morning (on an empty M4)and it's perfect, it's holding boost at 1bar and when shifting gears I'm sure I saw 1.3bar (but I might need to re-calibrate my gauge).

Pressure sensor? Do you have the part number?

Yep, the part number on my broken one was 038906051D but the only spare my mate had was 038906051C. The annoying bit is GS&F don't sell them so i'll need to get one from a dealer for £65+VAT :banghead: