Enhanced DIS Unit

I

imported_bubstar

Has anybody had this fitted? Do you know costs? it seems like a good thing to have if you are running mods.

[The starter kit allows you to read critical information such as oil temperature, turbo boost, voltage and speed. There are max / min peak hold and audible alarm function for each sensor. In addition, there are optional accessories like data gathering cable, G-Force meter and air-intake sensor to further enhance your driving experience.]

If I had to think about such critical information whist I was driving I would more than likely be dead by now!

You know 'That Wigginer' you've either got it or you haven't. Just think of those guys in the GP tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Avus, the enhanced DIS is something that has been discussed many times in the past do a search to find the details. It is very expensive and only available for a limited range of models (older ones).

Wigginer I think Bob would also need the super enhanced DIS (the one that tells you to look up as you are about to hit something).

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
If I had to think about such critical information whist I was driving I would more than likely be dead by now!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
Yep, you don't need no DIS to tell you shits happening. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the info GARETHJ i've looked for the links but cant find anything.

I'm sorry 'THAT WIGGINER' it would appear from your comments that you are one of those people who are unable to multi-task /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
(I wonder how you know when to refuel or how fast you are going if you never take your eyes off the road)

P.s you can never have too many toys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Avus Bub said:
Thanks for the info GARETHJ i've looked for the links but cant find anything.

I'm sorry 'THAT WIGGINER' it would appear from your comments that you are one of those people who are unable to multi-task /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
(I wonder how you know when to refuel or how fast you are going if you never take your eyes off the road)

P.s you can never have too many toys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing when to refuel and how fast you are going is critical! That is why manufacturers provide us with the means to assess that without having to purchase DIS.

I'm not 'Dissing' DIS, I have it myself. I just don't think the information it provides is critical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I would still prefer to rely on my eyes and other senses to assess what is going on around me and not a little screen with RED letters on it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bub do a search for DIS EXTENDER you will find the info for the company in Germany that developed the unit.

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
Knowing when to refuel and how fast you are going is critical! That is why manufacturers provide us with the means to assess that without having to purchase DIS.

I'm not 'Dissing' DIS, I have it myself. I just don't think the information it provides is critical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I would still prefer to rely on my eyes and other senses to assess what is going on around me and not a little screen with RED letters on it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO!!! Thats the point ...the standard set up provides non critical info , so why not enhance it?
Oil temp & pressure are the two most important pieces of information you need when driving your car hard. My current car has both ...you would be suprised how long it takes for the oil to warm up in the mornings and how much hotter it gets when you push hard on the motorway.
p.s DIS is standard on the S-Line, so no choice. But electric rear windows £300!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Anyway Wigginer as Michael Winner might say..... Calm down my dear it's just a car forum

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks for info Garethj /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Avus Bub said:
BINGO!!! Thats the point ...the standard set up provides non critical info , so why not enhance it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not exactly what I said and not the point I was making.

I said [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we had better agree to disagree and let this thread die gracefully! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif