Cheaper option for RS7 B7 brakes

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well like all things I'm always looking at keep cost down and maintenance cost.

So I decided I wanted to go B7 RS4 callipers and replace my B5 RS4 setup which I had on my B5. One of the advantages with the B6 platform is that I do not need to replace the uprights and the setup bolts straight on.

So what was my issue!!!

Cost of the setup for starter.

Callipers £700-£800 new and around £350-£500 used
Disc around £500 (ebay) +
and brake pads around £150+

So when you consider you can pick-up B5 RS4 Callipers and discs for around £200 SH and mintex pads for £25 and I have to say they work really well it a big cost to justify.

So what am I at!

Well I picked up some calliper for £350 with carriers and brake lines and thought I could always sell them if I did not want them and I have sourced brake pads for £70 and a pair of SH brake disc's for £50 so a grand cost of £470.

22122008007.jpg

12032009015.jpg

RS4discs.jpg

Based on the fact the disc look shagged I am having a company look at making disc and bells to match the B7 RS4 disc and with the cheaper brake pads make this a cheap upgrade and cheap to maintain.

So tell me what you think.

Now the disc are ment to have so life still in them but to be honest I bought them for a template

I don't know much at all about this in all honesty, but it sounds like you have got the calipers at a good price anyway. So it all hinges on the cost and longevity of the discs you get made up - but I'm sure you have looked into that.

The pads you have found for £70 - is that a pattern pad for the original B7 RS4 calipers then?

If you ask me, you done ****** well. They look mint & thats Cheap for B7 RS4's.
Did you get them like that?? or gave them a good clean first.

With just the caliper sitting behind your wheel is going to look just toooooo imtimidating.
A caliper with a touch of Roids :respekt:...I want some!