Help needed

spongebob96

Reaction score
This might not be anything but i jacked my car up today and the pipe that goes into the intercooler seems to be leeking oil, not alot but theres still oil there. I had a new turbo fitted and have done about 3000miles sense and its still very somky the car is 2002 1.9tdi 130bhp btw. Cheers Mark

Yeah it sounds like the old turbo dumped a lot of oil in there, that's common on a blown turbo where the seals let oil get sucked into the intake. I think you should remove all pipework after the turbo and up to the intake rams, including the IC and get it flushed out with solvent, jizer, carb cleaner, petrol or whatever (safely) to remove all the oil and it will stop the smoking. There should be no oil whatsoever in the IC under normal conditions and the dude who replaced the turbo should have removed that oil as part of the job.

If its actively still putting oil in there then the second turbo is leaking too. Have you checked your oil level and is it still ok? They do use about a litre per 1000 miles, which will drop the level to the min mark on the dipstick anyway.