Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

RNS-E Sat Nav Repairs?

I think the laser in my RNS-E might be on its way out as I'm getting disk read errors mid-use and the disk is very warm to touch which indicates to me that the laser has been working its ass off trying to read the disk (which is a copy by the way). Does anyone know of anywhere that repairs them or carries spares?

thanks.

54 A4 Avant 1.9TDi SE 130 6sp, factory fitted RNS-E Sat Nav, Colour DIS, 6-disk changer, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors and ambient lighting.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Have you tried another copy? may just be the disk? Always best to use a good quality branded blank...

Neutral

Status
    hazzydaze @ www.vwcruise.com are your men

very proffesional, knowlegable &well priced.

they informed me of the fault you are now encountering, something about the earlier RNSE's being dual layer or single layer, one of the two

they can replace the DVD drive

give them a shout
    Audi S4 Avant 344
    Audi RS 6 Plus 473
    SEAT Exeo TDI 168bhp

previous:
    Audi RS 4 414 bhp
    Audi RS 6 500 bhp
    Audi S4 Cabriolet V8 344bhp
    Audi S4 344bhp
    Audi RS 6 450bhp
    Audi TT Quattro Sport 265bhp (mapped)
    Audi A4 T Sport 163bhp
    Audi A2 TDi 70mpg

Neutral

Status
    Just blowing my own trumpet here, but I can replace the drives or just the laser unit. PM me if you want me to look into it.

I am only based in York, not sure where you are.

Cheers, Shane
    Everything Auto-Electrical
    www.motosparkz.co.uk

A4 2.5TDi SE Quattro Avant in Arctic Grey, FASH, 6 Speed, Weitec 35mm Drop Kit, 18" RS4's with F1 Asymmetrical's, RNSE + DVD, Full Leather, Sunroof, Rear Camera & Reverse Sensors, Climate, Centre Armrest, Cruise, DIS, Factory Xenons, Full Ambient Lighting Pack, Auto Dipping + Compass Rear View Mirror, Aero Wipers, RS4 ARB, 'PLUS' ?????????????

4th Gear

Status
    J have a proper Audi 2007 DVD if you want to give it a go !
    I am in Euxton...
    Cheers
    A4 2.5 Tdi Avant Quattro Sport : 180HP 6 speed, Mauritius Blue, full black leather heated electric front seats, auto lights, Xenons, auto dipping rear view mirror, heated folding door mirrors, cruise control, Bose, full DIS, MFSW, 18" RS6 reps, rear parking sensors, colour coded lower, rear door window blinds, interior & ambient lighting kit, under seat storage, front armrest as standard. RS4 ARB, RNS-e sat nav, Cd Changer, OEM bluetooth fitted by me.

5th Gear

Status
    Checkout members called rabbit and Haaggie on http://www.audiforum.us - they sell replacement lasers for the RNS-E for you to fit yourself (with instructions).

Failing to read a copy DVD but reading an original is a sure fire sign of a failing laser - copies are harder to read.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah I'd second that as per Dave's post, Haaggie & Rabbit are the parts guys.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    thanks guys, will check out that link Dave.

54 A4 Avant 1.9TDi SE 130 6sp, factory fitted RNS-E Sat Nav, Colour DIS, 6-disk changer, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors and ambient lighting.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi, how much are we looking at for a new laser n its own? Not new DVD drive.

Thanks guys
    Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

6th Gear

Status
    Have you tried a cleaning disk yet?
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Controversial & Contradictive

Status

RNS-E Sat Nav Repairs?

Try a cleaning disc first, that cleared my problem. It must be a CD cleaning disc though, the DVD version doesn't work in the drive despite it being a DVD drive.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

4 Spring Duck Technique

Status
    If you speak to Rabbit on the Audi forum, he can supply a laser for abou 100. The Audi forum is the best place for advice on changing the laser. I changed mine about a year ago, i was reluctant to pay that much money in case it didn't work, but eventually got so fed up with it not working that I decided to go for it. Definately worth doing takes a couple of hours but great when it works properly again!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had the same problems when I got my unit and a cleaning disc sorted it and all has been good for 8 months since, no recurrence of any disc error.