Cabriolet rear bumper trim and wheel offsets!

markyzs180

Reaction score
Hi there,

recently bought a 52 plate a4 2.5 tdi cab which I'm over the moon with so now its time to start modding it slightly....so any advice gratefully received!

Firstly, I have a friend who is the manager of an exhaust centre that are Powerflow suppliers and he has done me a great price on a new exhaust but as mine is the tdi it doesn't have the cut outs in the lower bumper trim for the tailpipes :( spoke to my local dealers today and they weren't very helpful to be honest! can these lower trims be purchased seperately or will i have to trim the cut outs myself?

DSC00300-1.jpg

Secondly, what is the best offset wheel to get? I'm looking at changing to a set of new style rs4 reps or rs6 reps but want them to fill the arch a little better than the bbs split rims i've got on at the moment.

Sorry for the long first post !!

Hello and welcome!

I am looking for the rear lower valance for my 2.5Tdi Avant too, for the exact same reason, and they are available separately. I think they are only IRO £140 from the stealers. I have tried a few breakers and also been looking on ebay but no luck yet, so am seriously considering cutting them out myself - but it's not a job I'm looking forward to!

Having said I imagine the rear bumper is different on the cabby, and ebay seems to have lots more cabby parts than any other, so you may be lucky!

I have RS6 wheels on mine with a 42 offset which fill the arches pretty well, but I imagine you could probably drop that to 38 or so maybe ... ?

You have added a picture since my last post!

Complete bumper HERE for £60 BIN - Needs a paint but assuming the valance seperates on the cabs like on the other models it's not a bad price.

You have added a picture since my last post!

Complete bumper HERE for £60 BIN - Needs a paint but assuming the valance seperates on the cabs like on the other models it's not a bad price.

Hehehe,,,thought I'd drop one on in case people couldn't understand my poor attempt at describing what I'm after!!!

I've got that bumper on my watch list, I actually asked him to confirm if it was black or blue and he said he didn't know!! Hmmmm....

I have seen exhaust places do the cut outs and they've turned out well, at the end of the day people will be looking at your nice shiney tailpipes and not the cut outs!

I do like the rs6's (I had a set on my Galaxy) but also like the new rs4's....oh man, decisions decisions !!! lol

Thanks for the heads up though.... :thumbsup:

I've got that bumper on my watch list, I actually asked him to confirm if it was black or blue and he said he didn't know!! Hmmmm....

Yeah I saw that question! :uhm:

Do it yourself, go on! Be brave! (And let me know how it turns out ;))

Do it yourself, go on! Be brave! (And let me know how it turns out ;))

LOL!!! I may well do though! I'll get under and have a god look at the back of it tomorrow, I'm hoping you'll be able to see where the cut outs should be where the blanks have been put in the mould.

I'll keep you posted...

well, spoke to the stealers £90 + vat for the rear bumper trim, got the part number, checked ebay, got one for £30 delivered!!!

Just got to decide on which tailpipes but I think I'm going for rs4 ovals :)

Fairly certain I'll be going for rs6's with a 35 offset so they stick out a bit more

I'll post some pics when its all done....

:kissmyrings:

Nice one! Wish Avant rears were that price!

Good call on the RS6's - looking forward to the pics.

Hi, Only just seen this thread.

I do have the lower half of the rear valance in my garage as I had it replaced, along with the bumper, when I got shunted last year (the bumpper had scuffs on so I didn't keep that!).

If anyone else requires this one let me know. Its of an 04 Cab 1.8T

Hi, Only just seen this thread.

I do have the lower half of the rear valance in my garage as I had it replaced, along with the bumper, when I got shunted last year (the bumpper had scuffs on so I didn't keep that!).

If anyone else requires this one let me know. Its of an 04 Cab 1.8T

LOL...isn't that always the way!! I may be in touch with you if I'm not happy with mine once I've cleaned it up!