smoking audi A4 turbo s line 190

jamichelle

Reaction score
Guys help needed yet again!!

just fitted new turbo, just the standard as old turbo bust and now my car is bellowing white smoke? people have suggested oil in the exhaust burning off? i ran the car for a while with and without revs still smoking

i'm not sure and wondered if anyone can assist?

help appreciated:keule:

Where did you get the turbo from?? Was it fitted by them??

Also when you rev does the Smoke get worse??? and sounds silly but what does it smell like??

....how long as the turbo been fitted??

If it is fitted by a Garage then it might be worth taking the car to them...

got turbo from vwmidlands as suggested. fitted it with mechanic was left running for quite a while revs on and off smoke coming out not really got a smell?

sorry fitted this morning!! lol not even been out in her yet!!

Give it a good drive for half hour or so, wear it in a little then see what its like!

hi there, thanks for the suggestions yet again, but the smoke is coming out like a steam train, no exaggeration on that at all! If i took it out i would get tugged in it with out a doubt! It is pure white smoke coming out not blue and there is no smell on it. Any other suggestion before i throw it back at where i bought it from? Thanks alot guys :(

Take it back or go over the fitting again just incase!!

White smoke suggests coolant, check the level of your coolant to see if it's lost any (be careful - don't check it while the cars still hot). If it has lost some then you may have a leak somewhere. I read that you can also get this if it's been overfilled with oil in which case check the dipstick and see if it's too full.

I'm no expert but these checks may help to point you in the right direction.

Good luck - I hope you get it sorted.

no smell would be steam and feel very damp on your hands - oil would stink.

The turbo is water as well as oil cooled, they must have done something wrong and the turbo is leaking coolant into the exhaust turbine...

Either that or the exhaust is caked in oil but if it solid smoke then it's oil if it's steam then it water but either way it should not be doing that take it right back.