Only just discovered.................

RyanJonS4

Drive It Like You Stole It
Reaction score
by accident, if I hold the unlock button on my key fob for a couple of seconds, all 4 windows open automatically!.....and if I hold the lock button, they go up again!!......You guys prob already know this but I needed to tell someone who cares as my girlfriend wasn't impressed at all!!! haha....small things and that....

Yeah comfort features mate, it might be an idea to turn of the roll down function with vcds & just have the roll up function just incase key gets laid on huh, lol

Funny you should say that!!...i only discovered by accident while washing my car. The keys were in my back pocket, i were crouched down hosing the wheels down, and all of a sudden, all 4 windows rolled down!! It took me by suprise and confused me a fair bit!lol....I thought something had got wet and was playing up at first. I then started playing with the key and worked it out! good job i was pointing the hose at the wheels when it happened........

lmao classic, its easily coded on/off mate if you have vcds, plenty of guys near you that have.

LOL - I had a Golf before and since it's a cab - I've had lot of fun playign around with key and remote controlled opening and closing stuff.

also note that there's alarm suppression buttons inside the drivers door storage bin if u need to lock the car and NOT set the internal sensor / movement sensor alarms (separate buttons).... useful for things like leaving a sun visor across the front windscreen as those can sometimes set off alarms.

- - - - - - -

okay here's one I'm struggling to find (apols if it's in the RNS-E / owners manuals, but I got frustrated flicking around them)...

I DON'T have the full onboard "computer" (so no up/down controls on the end of the washer stalk), so I usually only get the MP3 track ID, external temp and range on the centre "DIS".

But I DO have a retro-fit RNS-E....

I'm not sure how I've enabled it, but on a couple of occaisions, I've had all the directions, name of road, turn arrows, distance to next turn, etc on the centre "DIS", but they're gone now and I'm not sure how to get them back :(

LOL - I had a Golf before and since it's a cab - I've had lot of fun playign around with key and remote controlled opening and closing stuff.

also note that there's alarm suppression buttons inside the drivers door storage bin if u need to lock the car and NOT set the internal sensor / movement sensor alarms (separate buttons).... useful for things like leaving a sun visor across the front windscreen as those can sometimes set off alarms.

- - - - - - -

okay here's one I'm struggling to find (apols if it's in the RNS-E / owners manuals, but I got frustrated flicking around them)...

I DON'T have the full onboard "computer" (so no up/down controls on the end of the washer stalk), so I usually only get the MP3 track ID, external temp and range on the centre "DIS".

But I DO have a retro-fit RNS-E....

I'm not sure how I've enabled it, but on a couple of occaisions, I've had all the directions, name of road, turn arrows, distance to next turn, etc on the centre "DIS", but they're gone now and I'm not sure how to get them back :(

With the ignition on turn the rns-e off then back on again. This should give you the compass and street name, if you haven't got a route set or if you have a route set it will give you the direction arrows distance to go etc... This is the well known red dis bug.
Anyway why haven't got the full dis installed yet. Get it done you know you want to!!

yeah don't I know it - red DIS not very impressive - I've not got the funds right now as the missus was whining too much about wanting a new kitchen.... which ended up going 300% over the original budget.

I was thinking about getting that done with the Bluetooth and SDS in 4 or 5 months as a birthday pressie to myself - provided I've finished paying off the kitchen over-spend by then and have the cash.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that for the time being...