RS4 Conversion

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
Hi there ppl, some of u may already know but i was in the process of doing a b7 facelift on my b6 cabriolet. iv got the parts (bonnet, bumper, wings, headlights, slam panel) but i came across this car and it has tempted me to do an rs4 conversion instead, i have a friend who wants the parts that iv already got so its tempting me even more lol

the question i have is, what else do i need or do i just need rs4 bonnet, rs4 front bumper, rs4 slam panel, rs4 front wings, rs4 headlights, rs4 rear wings and rs4 bumper) , is there anything else i may need?

thanks guys, i hope some of u will be able to help

:salute:

i cant seem to find the link to the rs4, but it was a 2002 convertible with full rs4 kit :)

so you saying the Cab you seen is already had the ORIGINAL Rs4 bits converted to fit??

Exactly how will Audi honesty do a warrenty repair on something thats had so much work done to it ?

"THE CAR IS IN WHITE AND ITS GOT 8000 MILES WITH SERVICE PACK, STILL UNDER WARRANT(AUDI WARRANTY)."

lol, that is quite true, never thought of that, but that jus looks amazing, i know it aint the real thing, but its looks the part

The doors are different too between the b6 and b7, the rs4 b7 wings dont line up with the b6 doors....

according to the conversion howdy_quattro done on his b6, it was not required to replace the doors on the b6 but to cut the b7 wings into b6 so that the wings can house the headlights........im pretty sure it is not needed to change the doors also.......

Been looking at pictures and i think the doors on the b6 and b7 cab are the same, neither has the ridge that the saloon has and the rear quarters and rear lamps are also the same.

You may need to change the Rear panel and def the boot you can use any Cab B7 bonnet (RS4 unit is lighter) and you will need the seels.

fairly easily, there is a mismatch in the number of lamps in the units, so you need either a load of high value resistors or some adaptor harnesses from kufatec to stop you getting DIS errors.

physically the lights area a straight swap.

'docurley' what seals do i need? and which rear panels are u referring to, the rear quarter panels? and does the boot def need to be changed, i havent heard of this being any different? :S

im in the process of gathering some prices for the rs4 parts, if it works out to be dear, then i may have to give the rs4 a miss, but still do the b7 facelift :)

thanks

Wow I never realised they did not change the rear light set-up so I'm wrong you will not need the rear panel but you will need the side sills which blend in with the wider arches.

rs4_cab_3_avant_circuit.jpg

B6 Cab

s06_audi_a4_cab_01.jpg

RS4 rear
rs4_cab_3_arrire_circuit.jpg

You gotta love the feedback for the seller!!!

Feedback / ItemFrom / PriceDate/Time
iconNeg_16x16.gif
Item defective & probably fake. Seller not responding to refund/replace requestBuyer: theridge-inator ( 552
iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif
)
03-Mar-09 12:47 --

i know the following have to be original rs4 bits - front and rear bumper, front wings, rear quarter panels

but can the front slam panel, bonnet and headlights be taken off any b7 cabriolet???

thanks

i know the following have to be original rs4 bits - front and rear bumper, front wings, rear quarter panels

but can the front slam panel, bonnet and headlights be taken off any b7 cabriolet???

thanks

Yep a stock bonnet should be fine and so will the B7 Cab headlights I will guess yes to the slam panel.

any of u guys knw where i can source these parts used? or anyone get discount at audi parts? lol

Do the slam panels bolt straight up ?

Are the RS4 slam panels any different to any other B7 ?

Are the RS4 saloon wings the same as the CAB ?