Will S4 Xenons fit into a standard A4?

VTEC_Killer

Reaction score
Will a set of S4 xenon headlight units (from a 2004 model B6) fit straight into standard A4 B6 2004?

Correct me if I'm wrong; the socket is plug & play and will fit like the current unit and won't need any special plug adaptors?

Part number for S4 unit is 8H0941004BB! My car is 1.9 TDI

Thanks in advance

:icon_thumright:

They do but this is a close as an original 'retro fit'

Obviously the lights won't auto level and neither will there be washers (not bothered about that) just need to know whether the xenon unit will straight on!

Will a set of S4 xenon headlight units (from a 2004 model B6) fit straight into standard A4 B6 2004?

Correct me if I'm wrong; the socket is plug & play and will fit like the current unit and won't need any special plug adaptors?

Part number for S4 unit is 8H0941004BB! My car is 1.9 TDI

Thanks in advance

:icon_thumright:

Hi Vtec

Just had a quick look in etka, I think you will find they are off an S4 cab. I don't think they will fit a saloon or avant. I am sure someone will confirm this though.

dont xenons require headlamp washers by law (MOT etc)

It's all here Official DOT Link - and Yes you are correct.

After two MOT's with retrofit Xenon HID's, (no washers and only 0/1/2/3 manual leveling) - All passed 100% - No problems.
I do carry around the H7 Halogen bulbs and can revert back at the roadside if I was ever stopped!

Spoken to a couple of policeman and they are not aware of any offences being committed. Unless you've really gone OTT on creating a Chav Audi then the odds are in your favour of not getting stopped - probably not the best odds if your in your Chavy 106, Corsa, or Saxo, etc. retro-fitted with Xenons.

Maybe MOT tests could get stricter and then we may have top revert to a compliant HID system?

Not going to lose any sleep if my headlights are in correct alignment with Xenons.

I was even considering buying these just so I dont have to do the Joey Mod on mine. £199 BIN is a good price if you can get them to work, little steep on the postage though IMO

The guy who selling them states they are off a saloon but the part numbers are coming up Cab...:uhm:

Part number for S4 unit is 8H0941004BB!

Definitely off a Cabriolet and checking ETKA can't see that any of the parts are salvageable to remount on your existing light assembly. Ballasts are different to those used on the B6 non-Cabs.

Thanks guys - much appreciated :thumbsup::respekt:

So, just to confirm - the S4 saloon or Avant will fit but only the Cab won't - correct?

:salute:

I had a set of these last year from a saloon. As far as I know they are a direct swap for the original halogen lights. The S4 bulbs are type DS1 though and not DS2. DS1 are ****** expensive and much harder to find.