Remapped 190 1.8t owners

murph2002

Reaction score
I am thinking about a remap for my 2004 1.8t 190 a4 from Star Performance, I was going to replace my turbo intake pipe as these seem to be prone to collapsing after a remap.

I have looked on the forge website who have one listed, part number FMA4B6IND that covers all a4's on the b6 platform from 01-04, Awesome GTI on the other hand list their own make APR, part number EN-HO-APR-MS1001. Awesome also sell two Neuspeed variants for 03 onwards and 04 onwards. Samco don't have one listed for the 04 model yet list the 03.

I read on the forum that someone who purchased the Neuspeed on had a lot of bother getting it to fit.

Does anyone know the specific changes between 03 and 04 models for the BEX engine code?

What aftermarket intake hose are you using ?

i have an O.CT metal pipe on mine in prep for my remap which i got of ebay for £16 but i think they are about £400 bubstar is your man he has had his mapped at star and has an oettinger pipe on his. dont forget an uprated DV

I would love to get a metal intake pipe but I'm not paying near on $400 for one but you do gain about 7bhp from the upgrade.

Hi

I've had my 190 remapped, and am also using the forge intake pipe.

Not had any problems at all, definately a worth while upgrade.

Graeme

Oettinger_Intake_Pipe_A4_011.sized.jpg

Yeah I've got the Oettinger alloy TIP. But it wasn't cheap and there wasn't the choice you have now.

Now I'd go for the Forge pipe too, just give them a call I'm sure they've done them for the BEX.

:beerchug:

I have fitted a forge dv already as i know how crap the oem ones are. The oct and Oettinger look great but are a tad expensive. I have e-mailed forge regarding the pipe but havn't had a response yet so will give them a call today.

Big G the forge pipe fit ok on your 2004 model ?

Does anyone know of a difference between 03 & 04 models as Neuspeed and Samco list different part numbers ?

thanks for the replys

jeez I could knock one of those up for under £20 in my old job. Im defo gettin my own TiG welder. And we will have tip's comin out of our ears, low priced for members of course :).

I have my own laser cutter so doin the pipe angles is easy-ish by copying an oem rubber TIP.

Make a suitable connection at the ends, bingo.

Evil,Ill place my order right now, Ill have the TIP and the Intake pipe please :)

Seriously though mate, Ill have them off you straight away.....so come on, chop chop!!!!!:search:

I have a forge intake pipe and they feel soooo much tighter aswell. Still need to sort out remap but need to get my Exhaust on first - Some say it dont matter but I want my remap to be the last thing I do!!!

Evil,Ill place my order right now, Ill have the TIP and the Intake pipe please :)

Seriously though mate, Ill have them off you straight away.....so come on, chop chop!!!!!:search:

I have a forge intake pipe and they feel soooo much tighter aswell. Still need to sort out remap but need to get my Exhaust on first - Some say it dont matter but I want my remap to be the last thing I do!!!

I'm up for one too.

Evil I reckon through this forum alone you'd push 50+ orders mate....

will see what I can do :)

I will only be able to do one for the intake pipes I get hold of, namely the standard turbo one, how many variants are there?

Evil,
looking through ETKA, the intake pipe for the BEX engine code stays the same wether 02,03,04 model. I have just ordered the Forge pipe so hopefully once it arrives I will get it fitted this week.

On other 1.8 variants, according to ETKA it is either a 20mm or 25 mm connection from the intake pipe to a regulating valve depending of year of build.