Drivers Door Electrics

Mothman

Reaction score
I started having problems with the electric wndows, courtesy lights, central locking on my 2002 A4 1.9TDi SE a few months ago. After a wek or so they all gave up entirely. Found a post suggesting that the wires in the hinge might be damaged.

Eventually found time to take a look a few weeks ago and right enough 3 of the wires were parted or badly damaged.

I have repaired the damaged wires and reconnected everything but I still have the same problem that nothing in the door works except the speaker.

There are various threads mentioning the door module, but none that tell me what might be wrong or how it can be sorted.

Anyone ideas why nothing is working?

Could the damaged broken wires have shorted and damaged the module or something else?

The passenger window and mirror are also not working, but I'm guessing that they are controlled through the drivers door.

Any advice would be much appreciated.:uhm:

Could possibly have taken a fuse or two?? But i'd assume other things would stop working as 1 fuse normally supplies a few different things....may be worth a check tho.

Checked the obvious fuses and all ok, I'll have another wider look though, cheers

there must be another broken wire but inside the plastic sheath if you know what I mean, you prob need to pull-test the rest to see if any more come adrift, thats the only other reason it still wouldn't work after joining those 3.

One broken earth wire would kill the lot....

Pulled all fuses one at a time this morning and all were ok. However this must have reset something because everything is back working again:yahoo: At last I can get in and out of carparks without having to open the door!

Thanks for the suggestions!