New S4 owner

LeeT

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought myself a nice nogaro blue B6 S4 with the black leather/blue alcantara centres. Fantastic car but i really want to update the front end. I have been looking at the Hofele range of bumpers to give a B7 style front end but hate the idea of glueing a bonnet extension on. Does anyone know if i can fit a B6 cabriolet bonnet to my car so i can buy the one piece bumper/grill from Hofele? Also i'm dead set on changing the alloys as i really don't like them. Maybe an RS4 style set or something a bit more exciting, any ideas?
thanks ...lee

The hasselhoffe front end or is it the volvo front end:puke2:....? on an S4??:no:...

Isnt the B7 coming in cheaper nowadays?
Cab bonnet wont fit but there is another way, Getting a Front end of a cab and doing the transformation, its been done on here with a B7 front end aswell if you up for the task!

Im not a fan of the wheels to be honest either, the RS4's I say yeah go for it but make sure you get a decent copy with the center Bore that dips in and not the flush copies because that just takes away the whole attraction of the alloy IMO! On A Noggy Blue, Id be going for some dark alloys to bring the Stealth out of the beast and to compliment the Door Blades :eyebrows:

thanks for the reply. i too was thinking about the darker rs4 alloys, should look really smart. Thanks for the tip on the dish. When you say get a cab front end, do you mean replace the wings,bonnet and headlights? If i was going to do that then i would just plump for the full B7 front panels. I just want the easiest solution to get the updated front end without having to add that silly bumper extension on. What is the difference between the cab bonnet and the hardtop?

you need the doors as well unless you are going to cut and shut the wing tips cos the door & wing bodyline is different on the b6 & b7 :)

Have you considered the blackout model front grills? It was a model not available in the u.k to my knowledge but the grills are available through German e-bay for not too much and make the front end look a lot more aggressive. Heres a pic of mine:
DSC00241.jpg

I think yours would look better as the black grill surround would tie in with the door blades, and if you go for the darker wheels, them also. Its a five minute job to swap them over and really improves the front end. Ive since sprayed my badge black to make it look more aggressive but some people on here don't seem to like the black rings.

Hi guys, just bought myself a nice nogaro blue B6 S4 with the black leather/blue alcantara centres. Fantastic car but i really want to update the front end. I have been looking at the Hofele range of bumpers to give a B7 style front end but hate the idea of glueing a bonnet extension on. Does anyone know if i can fit a B6 cabriolet bonnet to my car so i can buy the one piece bumper/grill from Hofele? Also i'm dead set on changing the alloys as i really don't like them. Maybe an RS4 style set or something a bit more exciting, any ideas?
thanks ...lee

Can you let me know if you waht to sell the bumper and wheels please..

Anyway, lets see some pictures of your S4. I reacon you've got one of the best colours IMO.

I echo both those points ;)

Have you seen the thread on here where the complete B7 front end is cut and shut onto a B6?

Yeah the look of Ryans looks alot better IMO, Looks alot stealthier and Ryan - I love Black rings too...;)

Have you seen the thread on here where the complete B7 front end is cut and shut onto a B6?
I havn't.......and cant find it.......you got a link or know what to search for??

thanks or the replies and suggestions. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow night. I'm loving those graphite rs4 reps too. Will see if i can locate them. I.m not at all interested in taking on a full front end panel conversion, just somehow want to update the front end

I am not too sure what you are after tbh :uhm: If you want the single grille look of the B7 then you have two options really, either the Hofele type grille mentioned before, or grafting the B7 front on as per HowdyQuattro in the thread I posted.

I think if there was an easier way someone would have done it by now! Unless you want Evilscotsman's photoshop skills on the B6 front for real! :cool:

:uhm:Im with James on this one,Are you on Drugs?...I cant see why you bought it If you dont like the front end you should have looked at a different car or held out and bought an actual B7!!!!:shrug:

Thanks guys, being new to Audi's i wasn't sure what options would be available to me so thought i'd ask. I do love the car as is just wanted something a little newer looking. I'll start with the wheels and exhaust then leave it a while as i'm sure the front will grow on me. Didn't manage to get pics this evening but will definitely get on it tomorrow.

A few crappy pics but it was raining and i couldn't be bothered to get the car off the driveway :) Will definitely get some decent ones as soon as the sun shines
P4160089.jpg

P4160090.jpg

P4160092.jpg

Looks lovely, how you can want to change that front end is beyond me!!

Whats the auxillary cooler in front of the aircon rad?

Looks lovely, how you can want to change that front end is beyond me!!

Whats the auxillary cooler in front of the aircon rad?
thanks mate, front is growing on me so we'll see. Not sure on that auxilliary cooler, not really looked at it to be honest. Maybe power steering cooler?

Very Nice, all you need to do is go Dark mode, Light tints (not chav), Black Grills & some Dark RS4's - Job done. Might the beast look meaner!!!!

Get some chrome indicator bulb's too.. Gets rid of the horrible orange. :yum:

Very Nice, all you need to do is go Dark mode, Light tints (not chav), Black Grills & some Dark RS4's - Job done. Might the beast look meaner!!!!
I second that!!
I'd go for black window surrounds and door mirrors aswell!! it'd look evil!!

Isn't the steering wheel upside down? :whistle2:

it's a lovely looking car :icon_thumright:

Have you considered the blackout model front grills? It was a model not available in the u.k to my knowledge but the grills are available through German e-bay for not too much and make the front end look a lot more aggressive. Heres a pic of mine:
DSC00241.jpg

I think yours would look better as the black grill surround would tie in with the door blades, and if you go for the darker wheels, them also. Its a five minute job to swap them over and really improves the front end. Ive since sprayed my badge black to make it look more aggressive but some people on here don't seem to like the black rings.

Does anyone know how much the black out grill's are.? Just wordered if it was worthing buying one, or painting my current one.

Id paint it, Quicker and less cost. Go for full spray though as IMO the grey in the grill looks ***** with the black surround!!