Tapping 12V in centre console

sebbelcher

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a bluetooth hands free installed in my car, and I've just bought a holder for my phone which came with a plug-in-the-ciggy-lighter charger cable.

Because of the position of the lighter socket in the Cab, this is going to look a tad unsightly. So, I've cracked open the casing of the charger plug and whipped out the electronics, I intend to put these into a small box (or probably just end up wrapping them in electrical tape!) then pop this behind the air-con control unit.

So, I need to tap 12V from somewhere behind the aircon/radio, there must be at least 2 there! Can someone help me identify which wires are the ones I'm looking for?
Cheers.

i have use an adapter in my van for something simular, then you dont need to remove the end or tape anything up.
heres a link to something you could use, just chop off the end that goes into the fag lighter and hard wire that end into the back of the fag lighter and run it through the centre console to the point you need it at and plug your phone kit fag lighter end in.

the link is just a random one i quickly found but you can get singles with alot longer leads.
hope you get what i mean and hope it helps.