Volks AutosBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

BMC Carbon Dynamic Box

Has anyone heard of this and can you give any opinion as to how good it is if so. Apparently from Italy and regarded as a very good product. Replaces the standard airbox assembly and causes no problems with the MAF sensor. Available from JBR Performance and they seem very knowledgable.

Thanks guys.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: BMC Carbon Dynamic Box

well i have ham my bmc carbon dynamic airbox fitted for just over a year now, and just replaced my maf sensor. am going back to my standard airbox

6th Gear

Status

Unless you have huge power IMO nothing beets the standard airbox.

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    snoop said:
    well i have ham my bmc carbon dynamic airbox fitted for just over a year now, and just replaced my maf sensor. am going back to my standard airbox

[/ QUOTE ]

I would beg to differ. have you looked in the A4 airbox? its a mess! The intake butts up against the side of the airbox about an inch from it, and the air feed pipe point the air down, nowhere near the intake! The designer was obviously p155ed as the time!

Also with regard to MAF failure. Its a fragile component. Fact! excessive oil over extended periods will break it, but its been proven (i cant think of the link now but tis on here somewhere)that contamination only accounts for a very small amount of MAF failures. The BMC kit is only very lightly oiled unlike the likes of K&N, Green .etc. I know of someone running a BMC of a 280bhp golf 1.8T. Works really well and in over 12,000 miles, has not had a problem!

Thats proof enough for me.

Rich

1st Gear

Status

You'd probably get more Horsepower by swapping out your air filter for a newer cleaner one and clean out your PRE-FILTER often, like once a month or every couple of weeks. That thing get's dirty fast.