Chris NottSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

Angry Such a shame they only fit a cab!

For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Didn't sell for 200.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Would have been worth it just to split - i need a new centre console as well!!
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

cabriolet

Status
    there relisted now and still no bidders
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Neutral

Status
    i ended up buying this thinking i would change my grey interior over to black,however after comparing the 2 colours i am going to stick with grey,i have however stripped both sets of seats down and used my covers on the electric the seats and put the black covers on my original none electric seats,so if anyone wants a cabriolet black none electric interior for only a couple of hundred quid give me a shout,there is carpet,centre console,dash,seats,doorcards,glovebox and from what i can see most interior plastic trims.
    Last edited by maxvw; 16th April 2009 at 17:24. Reason: forgot something

Neutral

Status
    Clever idea. I'm not sure what you ended up paying for them but I'm sure it was a damn sight cheaper than Audi would have charged for 2 fully elec seats.

How difficult was it to repalce the covers? Was there any stitching/gluing involved?

Neutral

Status
    quite easy job to be honest,bit fiddly but everything comes apart easy enough with no stitching or gluing required anywhere,just got to figure out the wiring now for the" easy entry"switch and jobs a goodun! any idea how the easy entry works?on the manual seats when you tip the back the base slides forwards to give the access but on these electric ones the lever just tilts the back,there is a 2 way switch beneath the lever which i am guessing just moves the seat forward electricaly?

1st Gear

Status
    here is a download link to the wiring for the electric seats. look for the entry assistance bit.

http://rapidshare.com/files/22256467...iring.pdf.html

Neutral

Status
    fantastic,thanks.going of that there is some kind of control module in dash,(J285 -
    Control unit in dash panel insert)plus mention of connecting into can bus...........wonder if it can just be wired straight into forward/backward switch on the seat base,the end result would be just the same wouldnt it,ie.to slide the base forward or backward?

1st Gear

Status
    i wouldnt like to advise you either way on that, as i dont know.

i know my electric seats move forward and backwards using that switch, ONLY while the doors are open, and after the seat has been moved forward, the seat will automatically stop at the same position it was moved from. i think this is where the control module/can bus interface would come in.

kufatec seem to do quite a lot of seat harnesses, but not sure which one you might need.

good luck!

Neutral

Status
    is the switch one touch operation or do you have to keep your finger on the switch?just checked on the kufatec site and could only find a*se warmer loom,dont suppose you have a link to the other looms do you as i cant see any.

Old-n-crumbly

Status
    You have to hold the switch,forward or back
    Grim Ree

Neutral

Status
    so i suppose it just wants wiring into the door light circuit so it will only work when the doors open,is there any sparks on here that can advise me?i am a mechanic by trade but useless on electrics and dont want to set my car on fire!!