Selling my A4 TDI Sport/S-line

that car is a sport spec with dealer-fitted S-Line kit - I know 'cos it looks awesome and I wanted to use it as a template for my S-Line kit, but when I gave them the reg, the audi-parts centre said it came out the factory as a non S-Line :(

That said - I'm pretty sure it's been dealer fitted, so pretty much as good as factory fitted!

book value (for 60k miles) for that spec is a £5570-£6875... given the mileage £6k is is a sensible starting price on the asking... it's certainly not a crazy-dreamer price to be starting negatiations at.

Always bear in mind that you could pick up a 2001 version at that mileage, but with no body kit or replica alloys for about £3500... and £4500 for a high spec 2001 2.5TDi Quattro (again, similarly high mileage)...

i got a 2002/02 a4 1.9tdi 130bhp hatchback in silver with similar miles with fash for £2800 but mine obviously was the standard model.
but being the standard model it seems to be cheaper tax as you paid £88 and i have just paid £77 !

not 100% sure how much extra it's worth paying, but it is worth paying the extra up front for the sport spec, rather than the SE / S spec as they will retain their value better... especially if you want to add anything like lower / firmer suspension (like the sport)... 'cos when you do that to the S/SE, it reduces the value and significantly increases insurance....

Those rep-alloys and a proper S-line kit will cost you a couple grand to retro-fit.... it's just your call as to wether you're willing to pay for that up-front...

Cheers Lostbok some good advice, it's hard to price this car as you say you can get similar age mileage for alot less but it won't be in as good nick or look half as good as the S-Line kit and wheels.

Ill just leave it at this price for now and see if anyone is intrested but don't want to rip them of so ill be willing to budge on the price

well i bought my 52 plate 1.8t sport 163 from a dealer in st helens for £6k, a year ago. It had 80k, was a liverpool met police superintendents personal staff car, mint, fash etc etc.

1.8T usually worth a LOT less than a 1.9TDi....

Paul - agreed - it's a tough one - unless you really need to sell ASAP, then keep it at £6k as a starting price - if you ask £5500, somebody gonna come in witha cheeky "£5k" and I'm pretty sure it should go for more than that....

from the photo's it certainly looks very nice!

Percentage-wise, it's significant: 17.5% more for the TDI at standard mileage and that gap will open up more with high mileage cars and the cars that were being talked about were double avg mileage, so the gap would be more like 25%.... that's a fair ole chunk...

remember mine is a year older too as in the valuation.

OK, to illustrate that point because its bugging me, heres the valuation for my car but on the same year as the OP:
http://www.whatcar.com/valuation-summary.aspx?MA=6&MV=23606&ED=5146&UP=1807757&ML=

It comes out higher, no question, but thats what I would expect - if the 20v Turbo S version wasnt dearer I would be surprised about ANY car.

Paul, sorry to hijack the thread, and meant no disrespect to yourself, its a very nice motor and you should sell it no probs mate.

I was just pointing out that things have changed and cars arent fetching the prices they were last year even taking age at the time into account.

Evilscotsman no probs mate this is exactly why i opened the thread so would could discus the prices, i would be happy for 5.5k for my car but like said above it i put it up for 5.5k everyone will be offering 5k.

I did also think that the TDI's where worth more than the 1.8t this might be because i previously had a golf which was definatley the case.

Don't get me wrong, you should indeed put the car up at £6k and see what you can get, its a very clean motor and looks worth that kind of money any day. Valuations vary in the trade press and obviously prices are not so strong as they were, but its not unreasonable even so.

Dealers are sometimes asking more than top book for cars yet some others price at the mean line average to turn the cars over. Private pricing is somewhat different so go for it.

I know that most folks would probably take the tdi version as the sensible option nowadays anyway, and it will be a selling point to the right crowd, the ones likely to be able to afford the car.

If it was pimped out and rolling with 19's, big turbo conversion etc then it would attract the kind of guys who couldn't buy it anyway (tyre kickers and test pilots lol) so you are in the best spot there I think.

If its spotless, straight priced at £6000 and running sweet, it will sell itself with the right wording in the ad and good pics. Use the autotrader since it gets very good coverage, and also start a 7-day, 1p "wheelnut" auction on ebay to generate interest and free advertising.....;)

At the end of the day cars, like houses, are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them! As long as you find a buyer that will pay an amount you'd be happy with then that's what to aim for - anything else is a bonus!

Been offered £5000 for it in PX buy a dealer today on a £7500 scooby so would take £5500 for quick easy sale