Dodgy front door electrics, help needed.

AndymacA4

Reaction score
Hi all, I have noticed a weird electrical glitch with my front passenger side door.

The speakers work, the door locks and unlocks as it should, but the door doesn't show as open on the info. system, and the interior light doesn't come on when the door is open either.

Also the door edge red warning marker light has stopped coming on.

Anyone had experience of this problem, or any ideas of where the dodgy connector is likely to be?

My Alfa Romeos all had the door switch in the car body. The Audi has no switch in the door jam so I guess it is in the door somewhere.

I'll need to fix it as I assume the alarm won;t register if the door is opened unless the interior sensors pick up movement now. All other doors front and rear working fine.

Any help appreciated.
Ta

Andy

andy,
if it helps i had a aerial fault on my car once and found it to be a breakdown in the wire inside the rubber sleeve between the car body and the boot, this could possibly be the same for you between the car and the door, try fiddling/wiggling around with it a bit to see if you can make a contact with a dodgy wire, if it does then the dis would display the door open once a good contact was made, even if you only got a quick flash then youd know that the fault was there.
worth a try untill someone more knowledgable comes along mate!

You have an faulty switch . the switch is built into the lock , poss try spraying wd40 in the lock . i have the same fault on my rear door its work ok now

paz

Sweet, many thanks, will go spray it lots, can you see anything of the switch without taking the door to bits? Is there a bit you can manually poke with a screwdriver to get it moving again?

Ta

Andy

Lovely, I truely hate taking doors to bits, I always forget to put something back!