Reverse Gear

Status

Power Figures

I have a 2004 1.8T 190BHP Quattro and have done the following mods:

Re-map
    Milltek Cat back
    Forge Turbo Intake Pipe
    Bailey DV

I'd like to know what power I can safely assume my car is now producing over the standard 190BHP, and also how this has affected my 0-60 and top speed.

Can I go off the spec of a B7 2.0T 216BHP and assume, if the manufacturers quotes on power gains for the mods I have mean my car will be faster, and produce more power than the Limited Edition B7 ?

Are there any other members with the same mods and real tests to show power and performance ?

Thanks
    Graeme
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro S-Line (190) Saloon.
    RNS-E, Xenon Headlights, BOSE
    Bailey DV, Forge Intake Pipe, Milltek Exhaust, Re-Map, Tarox G88 Discs, Ferodo DS-2500 pads.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    My brother has a 1.8T toledo (180bhp) standard. It has the k03s turbo on it. He has a de-cat, K&N panel with cold air feed, 225 injectors (as he is running LPG and his standard injectors were maxing out) and a re-map. it made 223bhp on the rollers. He had a 4 bar FPR and bailey DV, but has went back to standard as they made little difference.

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

3rd Gear

Status
    It'll be about 220-235bhp and 250ish lbft, map dependant.

Where are you? Why don't you just get it on a dyno? It's a good idea, even to check it's fueling correctly.

A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

Space Cowboy

Status
    yeah sounds spot on bub.

BigG, you'd get 40 max on the remap, 2 to 5 bhp on each of the other mods, except the bailey DV, which would have contributed nothing as you have seen from technics100's post, I would estimate about 235 bhp, though you would need to do a 3rd gear pull on a dyno to get the proper figures.

I'm guessin it is feckin quick tho eh

Although, if a remap didnt include a dyno and printout i'd be very dissapointed in the mappers. Dont ever let your 15 year old cousin remap your car with a pox-ridden 486 laptop using **** he found on google......

LOL
    Last edited by evilscotsman; 2nd April 2009 at 09:22.
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah, you might get a bit more than my bro as the engine is longitudinal rather than transverse. I think the 190bhp has 2 intercoolers too. His Toledo is no slouch; he’s not far of my S6 to a point. You should be able to get a power run done on a rolling road for 30-40 notes.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    The transverse engines tend to make more power than the long ones. I would expect Around 230bhp and 250 Lb.ft as already stated. Most of the mods you have bar the remap add very little to the actual power output,just add to the way it spools up/breathing abilities

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for all the responses.

I'm happy to get it on a dyno, but would be happy to wait for a forum organised one so I get chance to meet you friendly folk.

My main query was how the extra power might affect performance.

I know there are devices out there that measure 0-60, 1/4 mile times etc

Wasn't sure if anyone on here had one, who also had same mods as me.

So thanks again, and anyone organising a group/forum RR day ?

Graeme
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro S-Line (190) Saloon.
    RNS-E, Xenon Headlights, BOSE
    Bailey DV, Forge Intake Pipe, Milltek Exhaust, Re-Map, Tarox G88 Discs, Ferodo DS-2500 pads.

3rd Gear

Status
    I had a little tear up with a 987 Boxster this evening, it was quite late, about a 57 plate I think. About 10 miles over mixed fast sweeping A roads single and dual carriageway.

Well he had a bit of a shock and so did I TBH. Through the gears very evenly matched, he probably had the legs from a standing start but that was how it started and I was ready for it. But I don't think he booted it until 2nd gear, by which time his avantage was lost.

What I love about my car is the way you can just throw it at a roundabout and know there isn't much on the road that will embarrass you through/out of it (silly money rice rockets aside). It was great making him sweat it out for a few mins in my poor mans S4 A K04 equipped car would've really killed it. Not bad for a 4 year old 1.8 boring estate car, that'll still munch miles in total comfort.

I've just checked the spec of the poverty Boxster and it reads -

255 bhp
    214 lbft
    1410kg

0-60 5.9secs
    0-100 13.6secs
    50-70 in 5th 7.6secs

I guess my A4 is something like -

235+ bhp
    272 lbft peak@ 2800rpm settles to 255lbft until 4900rpm (K03 can't hold boost)
    1550kg

A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

4th Gear

Status
    yeah, there is actually very little between my S6 and my brothers toledo, I start to pull around the 90+ mark, but upto that there is very little in it. You could try a G-tech meter, they aren't too far off the mark. Or I think the newer versions of vag-com can log 0-60 times etc.