What sidelight bulb type?

AndymacA4

Reaction score
One of my dipped beam headlight bulbs has blown. They were Osram Nigh Breakers. I have replaced the blown one with an original Audi bulb, but the two are now slightly different colours.

I'm going to buy some Philips X-treme bulbs for the dipped beams, but I also want a set of better sidelight bulbs. They look very yellow next to high output dipped beam bulbs.

What type are they?

Differnt websites say different things, some say they are the W5W capless wedge bulbs, some say H5W mini-capped bulbs. It is an early B6 from 2001.

Any help appreciated, don;t really want to take the headlight clister in and out unnecessarily.

Cheers

Andy

Do you want LED's sidelight bulbs?

Your bulb fitment would be 501 - something like THIS for example - at that price I would go for LED's though.

Or Buy your X-Treme bulbs from Powerbulbs and get THESE free usually :thumbsup:

Thanks much, I went with these ones from flea bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHILIPS-X-TREME-POWER-H7-EXTREME-XTREME-FREE-W5W-501_W0QQitemZ330317599164QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item330317599164&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

A set of philips X-treme H7s with 501s thrown in for £24 delivered. Can't be bad.

I generally drive with my dipped lights on day and night, old habit from former job.

The Osram Nightbreakers lasted 4 months, or about 4K of driving. That is pants. I used Philips High output H7s in my Alfa 156. They lasted 3 years, again always on!

Osram pants, Philips good:thumbsup:

Fair play to them, the new bulbs arrived today, well packaged and all complete. Recommend these E-Bay sellers.

Andy