Another question about lowering and wheels....sorry!

dirk technic

Reaction score
I have been offered a set of 18 inch R32 reps for my 53 plate A4 avant se off of a mk4 golf for a wicked price, now i have decided that would want to lower it too but only about 25-30mm. I would like to keep OE but have been told by Audi that the s-line setup is more than just shocks and springs. Firstly does anyone know if the wheels would fit my car? Secondly what would you peeps suggest about lowering it? Full kit or just springs? Dont want a harsh ride as roads where i live are pot holed to hell

i might be wrong, but i dont think wheels off a mk4 golf will fit, diffenent fitment i think, might be wrong tho...

oh n as for lowering, i have wiectec springs n shocks on my SE, had to put the shocks in cus the car was bouncing about all over the place, wheels were rubbing on archs n the ride was just horrible. i lowered mine 45mm tho...

the mk4 golf is 5x100 and the audi is 5x112 to they won't fit you will need adapters which will space the wheels out more so the offsets might be wrong too

thanks guys, this might sound like a stupid question but would a set of 5 spoke 17" s-line wheels fit on my car???

they should do as long as they come from a new shape audi a3 or something

all it says is they are off an A4 s-line and they are genuine :uhm: What info do i need to work out if they will fit my car or not?

sorry to drag this thread out after so long... Does anyone know if the s-line lowering springs will work/fit with my standard SE shocks????

the ride quality will be poor mate. soft shocks and uprated springs dont go well together, fast bounces with no damping.....oohyaa!

you would be better with cheap coilovers.

Has anyone got any pics of their car on lowering springs alone, please state which kit and lowering amount, any issues etc, i intend to use my original shocks, any help would really be appreciated.:cool:

Had a feeling you might say that :keule:, trying to stick OE parts as I have 2 years of warranty left, did ask about changing to the s-line setup but was told it was more than just shocks and springs... :shrug:

they were not very forthcoming with the details to be honest, said it was more than just changing shocks and spring and something about lower arms I think :think:, all he kept saying it would be very costly :sorry:. Any suggestions on how to clarify this?

Is the purpose of lowering the car purely cosmetic? As soon as you drop the ride height the suspension geometry is compromised from it's original factory settings. By changing the ride height you will likely change camber and toe angles which will affect the handling and usually badly. Previous post about springs with OE shocks is just a hint of the can of worms you are opening by not doing things properly. In my humble opinion, lowering a car is only useful in two circumstances. You either slam it to the ground, black out the windows, stickers behind front wheel arches, 19" wheels, max out on ICE and drive everywhere low and very slow, or, get it done properly with geometry set up for the type of driving you do. Like I said, IMHO