Lowering my A4 Cab

B19JCN

Audi A4 Cab - 2.4 V6 (2002)
Reaction score
Hi
All,

I have an A4 Cab 2.4 V6 (2002) - i have recently bought some lowering springs and in the past i have fitted springs to all my previous cars.

I was wondering how easy springs are to fit on the A4 cab as i am going to attempt it myself once the weather picks up. Any tips advise etc especially regarding any bits that might have to be removed at the rear because of the roof etc.

Cheers

John (B19JCN)

David7078 just done his last week. ask him. hoping to get some picks of his a4 cab soon up here.

not sure on the layout of the rear end on a B6, but the front is pretty much the same as a B5

On those the main issue is undoing the pinchbolt that holds the top two arms into the steering knuckle, although on a newer car they might not be too bad. The damper/spring and the top mount assembly comes out as once piece, then you need to remove the topmount from the bracket. You need to be careful refitting the topmount as it has to be lined up correctly, otherwise you wont be able to get the fork on the damper back over the lower arm. The haynes manual has a reasonable diagram to help you align the parts correctly.

On the rear of a B5 quattro everything can be done from the arch, the top mounts dont go into the boot at all, no idea if the B6 is similar or not in that respect though.