Engine Covers

Renbod

Reaction score
I just picked up and fitted some engine covers, now I just need to get the dremel out on the RS4 bottle cover as it's a bit tight.

The part numbers are:

1) 8E281944701C
2) 8E2819422A01C
3) 8E0103927D01C

Before:
before

After:
after1

hello mate, how much did number three set u back?

same question, got the others, how come i get one without the other?

I "think" the later models came with number 1 and 2 as standard, and number 3 was only standard fit to the RS4's hence why it needs adapting. :o.k:

Yeah mines a 53 plate so didn't have 1 & 2 but I think 04 on has them as standard, whilst ordering them I thought i'd get the RS4 cover.

Excluding VAT I paid:

1) £10.92
2) £4.47
3) £11.23

Im sure that there is also a cover that sits behind the air filter

Doh! Now I need another trip to Audi ;)

Coyote I think you're right, I'm sure I've see one behind the air filter but then again I think I saw it on a B5.

It would finish my engine bay off, does anyone know if this exists and what the part number is?

I think its a cover off the 3.0. Part number would be good?

Looks good, also that bottle cover looks a better fit than mine.

I have the same RS4 cover as you and with a little bit of extra modification you can get it to sit a little better. I have marked what extra modification I did on your pic.

A - I chopped this thin strip off with the dremmel.
B - I fitted a black cable tie over here.

The problem I have with the cover that goes behind the airbox (and the only reason I dont have one yet) is that it doesnt look to have a smooth finish like the rest of the plastic in my engine bay.

I bought all the below parts a few months back but paid below prices from Coventry Audi.

# 8E0 103 927 F = 10.99
# 8LO 805 596 A = 1.10
# 4B0 971 998 C = 1.53

I'm not sure why the part numbers are different! I can't remember which one part number is which now! I already had the battery cover and the one that goes around it but I got them for my IT managers car as he had neither of them and his is a B7 05 plate.

I was also thinking about the other one that is normally on the 3.0 litre behind the air box

Cheers coyote I'll defiantly get the dremel out at the weekend :salute:

Either james added them to his (mine) or they came standard on an 01!

Confusion reigns!

Part number and price for the cover that goes behing the airbox:

8H0103928 - £11.23 + vat

Yeah mines a 53 plate so didn't have 1 & 2 but I think 04 on has them as standard, whilst ordering them I thought i'd get the RS4 cover.

Excluding VAT I paid:

1) £10.92
2) £4.47
3) £11.23

I have a very late 54 plate and I dont have any of them on mine :shrug:

Ah that explains it, they run out after 6 months so if you have 5? plate you don't get them :lmfao:

does anyone know the part number of the rings on the rocker cover?

just to add a bit more cinfusion, mines is also an 01 and has covers 1 and 2!

does anyone know the part number of the rings on the rocker cover?

I was under the impression that you couldn't buy this as a separate part. Thought you had to buy the rocker cover as well!

A friend of mine gave me just the rings that he found kicking about the audi workshop but I know for sure that it doesn't have a part number on the back of them.

This is the RS4 cover, I'm not sure what one the OP has fitted............. :uhm:

DSCF1817.jpg

just fitted the brake servo and battery cover looks much better :thumbsup:, but the left hand side of the brake servo cover (as you look at the engne) seems to be loose, have i fitted it wrong or is it just like that? :uhm:

Going to go on monday and get the brake servo cover. Lets hope they are only £11.23 in the north east. Seem to charge different prices when ever I ask for parts that people list on the forums. For example the N75 valve. They wanted something like £49 plus VAT when everyone else seemed to get it for £30ish:uhm:.

My car was registered in July 2004 and is both an S-Line and Quattro and I don't have 1, 2 or 3 covers :sign_unfair:

Also, off topic a little. But in your 1st pic should there be a screw in the hole on the part of the air feed from the front grill ?

If so, I don't have one of them either :(

I am going to order a no. 3 tomorrow I think :thumbsup: I hope Poole Audi is feeling kind tomorrow :yum:

Me too!

£11.23 No discount. Well on the upside they didnt charge more! Usually as I said they charge different prices up where I live so I expected to pay more than that. Still its not a bad price.:blackrs4:

Reactions: gkf9
Yeah they gave me 5% off my Avus silver wheel paint, but weren't budging on the engine cover :sadlike:

I just picked up and fitted some engine covers, now I just need to get the dremel out on the RS4 bottle cover as it's a bit tight.

The part numbers are:

1) 8E281944701C
2) 8E2819422A01C
3) 8E0103927D01C

Before:
before

After:
after1

I've just bought these 3 parts.. 2 and 3 are right, but the 1st 1 is the other plastic cover on the right of the engine bay.. You sure 1 is has the right part number..?

Picked my no.3 up today, it's the same as Renbod's but different to Bubstars :think:

My engine being a V seems wider and the intake from the intercooler is going to require some dremel work around the curved part as can be seen below:

Shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

Underbonnet002.jpg

There is clearly a rubber female type 'bung' on the new cover, it looks like there is a threaded part on the header tank for the male part of this rubber bung to pull in, have people been using that or just sitting the cover in place?

Anyone know the part number for the bit that screws in?

Ok better pictures of what i mean:

This is the cover placed in the car, you can see where it needs to be trimmed by the intercooler pipe:

Mirrors010.jpg

This is the threaded part on the header tank:

Mirrors011.jpg

And this is the rubber bung on the underside of the new cover:

Mirrors012.jpg

So there must be a male bung part that screws into the header tank to mate with the underside of the new cover ....?