Engine Covers

My 01 has these as well and my earlier Y reg did as well. I think i'm going to purchase no 3. Looks pretty tidy and seems to finish it off.

yeah looks the dogs ****** that mate. I see what you mean, there must be a locating peg for the cover.

I will have a look in vagcat to see if the cover is shown in detail.

Originally Posted by quattrojames
Mine has 1 and 2 as standard, but is an 03 just to confuse matters :uhm:
Confused DOT com :think: Not sure why mine didn't have them then.

Cheers for the part num Coyote

Mines a 51 SE and has the 1st two as well.

i just called up slough audi (the closest audi to where i live) and they dont have a clue about the cover even after giving him the part number. I'll have to pop over to reading audi and see what they can do for me... quite annoying though!

Ok better pictures of what i mean:

This is the cover placed in the car, you can see where it needs to be trimmed by the intercooler pipe:

This is the threaded part on the header tank:

And this is the rubber bung on the underside of the new cover:

Mirrors012.jpg

So there must be a male bung part that screws into the header tank to mate with the underside of the new cover ....?

Hi quattrojames
Just had a look in ETKA and the part numbers (for the 3.0 litre) I get are:
06A 103 226 'stop buffer'
8L0 805 596 A 'attachment bolt'
These look like the parts you are after, check with your dealer. :thumbsup:

cant find the cover in vagcat even using the flippin part number!!

How does everyone else get round it then? Just rest the cover in place? It looks like it would be held by the rubber strip around the engine bay in certain places.

How does everyone else get round it then? Just rest the cover in place? It looks like it would be held by the rubber strip around the engine bay in certain places.

James my cover is the RS4 cover. It's got the rubber cup inside too but I can't use it as the 1.8t doesn't have the thread in the expansion bottle.

The part number for the RS4 cover is - 8E0 103 927F

You need to get a rubber bush, sleeve and longer bolt for the washer bottle. There's a mounting lug on the cover for it. I trimmed my cover at the front and it's held in place with a cable tie onto the back of the left headlamp - The RS4 has an extra bracket riveted on the front panel to house a rubber bush like the washer bottle bolt. You can't buy the bracket on it's own.

Part Numbers -

8E0 103 541 - Bush
078 129 734 - Spacer
078 129 669 - Rubber bush
N 105 538 03 - Bolt

:thumbsup:

Hi quattrojames
Just had a look in ETKA and the part numbers (for the 3.0 litre) I get are:
06A 103 226 'stop buffer'
8L0 805 596 A 'attachment bolt'
These look like the parts you are after, check with your dealer. :thumbsup:

Part Numbers -

8E0 103 541 - Bush
078 129 734 - Spacer
078 129 669 - Rubber bush
N 105 538 03 - Bolt

Thanks all :icon_thumright: I now have lots of part numbers! I will ring Audi on Tue and see what they say.

i just called up slough audi (the closest audi to where i live) and they dont have a clue about the cover even after giving him the part number. I'll have to pop over to reading audi and see what they can do for me... quite annoying though!
That's not what they told me. I called Slough Audi last week and they told me that they would have to order two of the parts from Germany as they do not have them in stock. Try again or call West London Audi in Osterly. :think:

Fitted it today :happy: It needed a bit of therapy and is clearly not designed for the 2.5TDi engine! I am pleased though and for £11 it has tidied it up no end :o.k:

Mirrors014.jpg

The largest amount of trimming was around the intercooler pipe as I thought, but you can't see it's been done when it's fitted.

Mirrors015.jpg

It sits a little proud behind the coolant header tank, but when I get the proper bush to hold it down I think it will be fine.

Mirrors016.jpg

Finally got round to fitting cover number 3 today and i cant get it to fit, there is a flexi hose towards the bottom of the cover that is in the way i take it i have to modify the cover and cut around the hose for the cover to fit correctly?
Also does the cover fit above or below the rubber seal that goes around the top and the side of the engine bay?
:confused:

That's not what they told me. I called Slough Audi last week and they told me that they would have to order two of the parts from Germany as they do not have them in stock. Try again or call West London Audi in Osterly. :think:

what part numbers did u give them? i'll give them another try tomorrow if i can get the part number from you...

Finally got round to fitting cover number 3 today and i cant get it to fit, there is a flexi hose towards the bottom of the cover that is in the way i take it i have to modify the cover and cut around the hose for the cover to fit correctly?
Also does the cover fit above or below the rubber seal that goes around the top and the side of the engine bay?
:confused:

Is that the coolant overflow pipe you're talking about? If so mine had enough give in it to get the cover down over the top of it. What engine is yours, a 1.8? In my pic you can see where I trimmed the curved part of the cover too.

My cover fitted below the rubber seal, it tucks in neatly under there and that helps to hold it into place.

I bet Audi UK is thinking WTF? Why are we selling so many of these covers all of a sudden :lmfao:

James
Im not sure what the hose is for but there doesnt seem much give in it to force it down so i will have to trim it,the Hose is not from the coolant it is further down the location is just after the half moon shape on the new cove i think it will be on the underside when i cut it so it wont be seen other than that i think it will fit fine i will try and take some pics tommorrow
i have a 1.9 TDI

My 2003 B6 S4 had all these covers so it's not just an RS4 thing where number 3 is. Since the RS4 is a B7 perhaps there's minor differences (didn't they push the engine back a little??) and hence perhaps you guys would be better with a B6 S4 number 3 ?

S4_engine_sml.jpg

scotty, do you have the part number for the cover (number 3) for the b6 s4?

scotty, do you have the part number for the cover (number 3) for the b6 s4?

Hi mrjheeta,
I think the part number you need for the S4 cover is:
8E0 103 927D 'cover for engine compartment' 03/03-11/03 or
8E0 103 927E 'cover for engine compartment' 12/03-12/04
These covers were also fitted to the 3.0 litre. The part number for those is:
8E0 103 927C 'cover for engine compartment' 12/00-12/04
The cover for the other side over the air box is:
8E0 103 928B 'cover for engine compartment'
Hope this helps:drool:

what part numbers did u give them? i'll give them another try tomorrow if i can get the part number from you...
Sorry for the delay, here they are;
Main Cover 8e2 819 447 01c
Battery Cover 8e2 819 442
RS4 Cover 8e0 103 927f

Camberley said the same, they will have to order 2 of them.
Let me know how you get on. Where you get ur tints done?

xmay, cheers ill pop down, ive been meaning to but have been a bit busy for the past few days.. i got my tints done from a place called axiya in colnbrook (near heathrow). would definately recommend them!

How much if you dont mind me askin'? Do you live in the vicinity? I'm not sure, but I may have seen you in Langley.

i paid 199 all in so not that bad. and he has a lot of different tint films to chose from not just the usual 3 i see in most places. i live in maidenhead so not too far from langley, my brother works in colnbrook n he takes my car sometimes so you might have seen it. i go to uni in uxbridge so you may have seen it around there?

(sorry to high-jack the thread lol)

Well I am very pleased.

I went in to Milton Keynes Audi on Wednesday and ordered parts 1 & 2. The parts chap told me that I could pick 2 up today, but 1 was on back order and wouldn't be available until next week.

So off I went at lunch time, and was pleased to hear they had both parts in ready for me.

£17 something all in.

Now what I need to know from all of you who have fitted 3 is:

What is the best one to order for an easy fit to my 1.8T engine ?
The RS4 one, or the S4 one ?

Thanks
Graeme

I just picked up and fitted some engine covers, now I just need to get the dremel out on the RS4 bottle cover as it's a bit tight.

The part numbers are:

1) 8E281944701C
2) 8E2819422A01C
3) 8E0103927D01C

Before:
before

After:
after1
Will part No.3 fit the B7?. Also how easy is it to fit?. Is just a case of slotting it into place?
Thanks

Will part No.3 fit the B7?. Also how easy is it to fit?. Is just a case of slotting it into place?
Thanks

You won't get anything easier to fit that this! Cover number 3 is for a B7.

RS4 Cover # 8E0 103 927F

If you want any parts send me a PM and I'll get a price for you. Will be cheaper than a dealer! Also let me know where abouts you are for shipping etc.

RS4 Cover # 8E0 103 927F

If you want any parts send me a PM and I'll get a price for you. Will be cheaper than a dealer! Also let me know where abouts you are for shipping etc.

Cheers for that pjm, will most certainly bare that in mind. Wish I knew last week as I've just purchased battery cover and brake fluid cover.
The battery cover has just arrived in stock but I am awaiting the other part which covers the brake fluid res.
Question is I've just placed the battery cover over the battery to see if it would fit and its too small. doe you need the brake fluid res to be fitted first then place the battery cover on top?
Cheers for your help.

right on my next fag brake im poping the bonnet open as i like these. I know i need number 3 but unsure on other 2.

RS4 Cover # 8E0 103 927F

Just bought these and what a great easy mod, for the B7 no adjustments needed, fit straight on. Bought them from pjmspeedy, and he certainly lived up to his name. Great service, highly recommend him!!!

hi pjmspeedy . i was told to ask you these questions, i am after those parts for my sline 07 car. part number 1 2 and 3 , will they fit my engine as well, and what about the other piece at the side of number 3 where do i get that... Will the rs4 covers with mines as they are cheaper or i will have to go for the b6 model covers as these will surely fit. Can u clear things up for me with the correct part numbers for me thanks. My car is a4 sline 07 b7 model . 2.0tdi cheers.

Does anyone know the part number for the cover that goes over the ECU, on the left hand end of the scuttle-panel?

In this pic, it's the one in the top left-hand corner, with the silver sticker on it....

DSCF1817.jpg

i have 1 and 2 on my tdi 52 plate need to buy me number 3 though is it from audi you guys are getting it.
i think there is a number 4 too on the other side next to the air box ;-)

Are any of these covers a straight fit on a 2003 18T sport?

i would think 1 and 2 are for sure 3 may need to be played with

Mine is also a 54 plate s-line with none of the above covers...yet.

I aim to have an engine bay as mint as bubs.

mmmm

wow this site is ace for me, i have got a new audi see belows sig for info today.

& yes i am missing all 3 too ;( gutted.

so what numbers should i ask audi for my 2.5 tdi quattro 2005 model.

cheers

Part numbers are listed in the first post ........

1 and 2 are a straight fit, but you'll need to do some trimming for no.3.