should I buy this

By the looks of things it seems to be feezable. Code readers charge as much as £50 so for the cost I would/Will be getting one!

The only thing that I dont like is the fact it doesnt seem to do B7 Audi's or Mk5 Golfs. But I suppose you cant have everything. You could make a little money yourself out of it by diagnosing cars for people:yum:

Andy

I can't see the B6 mentioned in the compatibility chart anywhere :think:

looks like the one i have.

As long as the B6 isnt CAN then it will work fine.

Afaik only the B7's are CAN, so you should be fine.

The software you get with it will be the shareware version from the rosstech site which will do fault codes but not much else. You can find the full version, or pay £70 for a licence to get all the features.

its the same as the one i have and it will work on a b6... and as aragorn said, just decode the faults on the rosstech wiki site

finally found a product that will work. that isn't gonna cost me and arm and a leg.

Full features are really good. I got a cable from ebay for £95, fully registered. I can run live diagnostics, changed adaptions and coding and run output tests. The savings from not having to have a dealer or someone else check it pays for itself, plus it's fun.

Looks like the one I have. It reads fault codes (as stated look on the ross tech wiki to see what the codes mean), and it also clears the codes which has paid for itself many times saving on trips to a garage.