yellow cream

sniperlover

Reaction score
Hi guys i have got an audi 1.8t sport 2002.my oil level light came on meaning its low.On putting some more oil, there was some creamy stuff on the cap.Does that mean my head gasket is going and how much would it cost me if i do it now.Any my car is smokin grey fumes.Really worried. Please help.

it does indicate that the oil has water mixed into it mate, could be from the oil cooler section of the rad leaking into the water and vice versa, but the grey smoke (does it look actually blue?) sounds like its burning oil or other contaminant in the cylinder, but you need a compression leakdown test of all 4 cylinders to verify this. Also if the gasket has gone, you will get water loss and possibly overheating depending on the severity of the leak.

If your oil has water in it, it wont be lubricating as water is actually abrasive and the engine oil will be quite useless. You need to get it checked out by a competent mechanic and tested, then go from there.

Burning oil and blue smoke is a slightly different situation but could be emulsified oil finding its way into the combustion chambers.

Can't definately say its your head gasket, but it does appear you are getting water in your oil, hence the emmulsified creamy stuff.
That would also be what is coming out of your exhaust via the chambers.

Thanks guys.The car is not overheating and it seems ok.but sometimes the car is always smoking and sometime it doesn't.so that means there could be a leakage somewhere,well check it out tomorow.