S-Line Body Conversion

Danb

Simples
Reaction score
:wtf: you don't even get genuine wheels for your £2.5k (excl Vat)!!

I wonder how many they have done!
If there is any1 out there who has, you've had a good :asskicking:

LOL!!!

You have VAT on top of that too!!!! Holy ****, all that crap would come to about £550 from fleabay - "its the new Sport range from Audi" - what a load of ******.

How much would all the parts be new? Cant see the parts being over a grand...

So thats 1500quid plus vat for spraying some plastics and fitting the kit.

They're making a tidy bit on that then!

For proper Audi kit, I've just had a quote for the non-S-Line lower body kit parts new for >£800 (excl. door blades/boot spoiler/tyres or wheels, even if they are fake).

And that's not painted yet.

S-Line parts would presumably be just as much.... plus they would also need the fitting kit as I don't think all the mountings line up if you have non-S-line trim already.

How much would it normally cost to get the lower trim primed and painted?

And then fitted? (if you chose not to do that yourself)

I'm actually interested in how much that is excluding the fake wheels... no point in spending a mint on trying to keep the car OEM and then putting big fat fake wheels on... I can bide my time on eBay for those....

the whole lot could be fake if the wheels are - they dont say you are getting oem parts anyhow....

I'm pretty sure this means OEM everything, except the replica wheels....

The Audi genuine kit comprises of:
New front bumper
New lower rear bumper skirting
New Boot spoiler
New lower outer door trims
New S-line sill trims with S-line logo
New S-line badges on outer door mouldings
New lower bumper trims
Full colour coding of bodykit & outer trims

Replica S-line wheels with Goodyear tyres

18" Five Arm wheels are about £420 EACH from Audi.......................

which makes sense why they didn't try to offer that as standard given the price of all the OEM body kit.

Even a set of replica wheels, with Goodyear tyres, is going to be around £800 (including VAT, that is). As Bubstar said, if the wheels were OEM, then they alone would be getting near £2.5K once the tyres had been added.

It's a lot of money, yes, but for someone who hasn't got the skills to do the fitting themselves to a decent standard (& doesn't want to have to pay someone to fix their bodged efforts - as has happened to me more times than I care to mention) it's not so bad.

paul - I saw that a few days back - I've mailed the guy three times asking him to post better pics (or to e-mail them to me)... still no luck.

I had one reply on Monday morning saying "yeah, I'll post a whole load tonight" or soemthign to that effect. Gave him a nudge on Tues... gave him a nudge y'day... gave up.

He's not even replied to confirm if it's single/dual/quad/concealed exhausts.

It's worth it for somebody "up North" to go and have a look, 'cos once you've sanded and re-primed it, that is £600 worth just for the front, rear and side trim... another £250 if it includes the door blades and not sure how much the boot with spoiler is, but I'm guessing "not cheap".

But I'm down in nodnoL, so not gonna drive all that way given it woudl seem there's a fair chance he will have forgotten that too!

paul - I saw that a few days back - I've mailed the guy three times asking him to post better pics (or to e-mail them to me)... still no luck.

I had one reply on Monday morning saying "yeah, I'll post a whole load tonight" or soemthign to that effect. Gave him a nudge on Tues... gave him a nudge y'day... gave up.

He's not even replied to confirm if it's single/dual/quad/concealed exhausts.

It's worth it for somebody "up North" to go and have a look, 'cos once you've sanded and re-primed it, that is £600 worth just for the front, rear and side trim... another £250 if it includes the door blades and not sure how much the boot with spoiler is, but I'm guessing "not cheap".

But I'm down in nodnoL, so not gonna drive all that way given it woudl seem there's a fair chance he will have forgotten that too!

He does say: "Any questions please call me on 07500338323 or send a txt.
I am currently experiencing problems with my internet connection at home, so may be a slight delay in getting back to anyone via email."

agreed, but he knows most prospective buyers will be waiting for better pictures (he acknowledged it in the advert and and also in an eBay msg in response to me prompting him), surely if you were selling £400+ worth of equipment, you'd want to advertise it as well as possible and pop aroudn to a friend's house for 10mins to get the pics up online somewhere (or wait to sell it later).

So, there's not much point in letting him know again that I'm waiting for the pictures that he's already said that he is about to upload.

There's always a chance the stuff has been badly removed from the car or isn't even the real S-Line kit and I'd rather not put £400 on the line, plus several hours of the round-trip drive just to find that out.

I don't think it is the s-line kit. It looks to me like it is the Votex kit. He quotes "rear lip spoiler with exhaust cut out at either side also complete with grill's." The rear bumper on the s-line kit did not have grills but the Votex does.

Can anybody tell me if this eBay advert is for a B6 or B7 S-Line front end?

edit: Or this one...

£99 seems fairly steep for soemthing that needs to be sanded down and treated before it can be primed, but the Audi part is £360...

The first one looks like a B7 to me, why not the call the fella his number is in the advert.

The second one I would say is a B6 though don't you think?

I thought they looked virtually identical :blink:

Hang on... VagCat to the rescue....

That explains the confusion just when I thought I was geting good at spotting the B7's: it looks like they're MORE sodding Cabriolet front ends!!

AudiA4B6CABRIOLETfrontend807000--1.png

What is it with Cabriolet drivers?!? There's more Cab parts in breakers yards than anything else!!

For reference, here's a 2001 8E/B6 Saloon

AudiA4B6Saloonfrontend807000-cro-1.png

Not sure where the B7 diags are... not readilly available on VaCat though... usually pretty easy to spot with the kink for the lights and the one-piece grill though.

Edit: photobucket whore...

Lostbok not sure if this is any use to you. It is a list of part numbers I got in February for the s-line bits. My car is a 3 litre sport avant, but it should give you a good starting point if you go into a dealer.

8EO 807 110 B GRU front lower "spoiler" primed £72.95
8EO 807 647 D 01C "air guide grill" (front centre lower grill) £65.53
8EO 807 682 C 01C "air guide grill" (fog light grill) 6 cylinder + diesel £13.67
8EO 807 681 C 01C "air guide grill" (fog light grill) 6 cylinder + diesel £13.67
8EO 853 959 C 7DL "cover for door" (lower door trim) grey left front £62.36
8EO 853 960 C 7DL "cover for door" (lower door trim) grey right front £62.36
8EO 853 969 D 7DL "cover for door" (lower door trim) grey left rear £62.36
8EO 853 970 D 7DL "cover for door" (lower door trim) grey right rear £62.36
8E9 807 521 G GRU rear lower "spoiler" primed (2 cut outs for exhaust) £118.17
All these prices are plus VAT. You should be able to squeeze a discount from your dealer. :sm4:

Thanks, No_Idea, looks like VagCat has got it right then?!?

Although they do say:
spoiler
lower /
8E0807110A 7DL

grey
/ (2) 8E0807110B

spoiler
lower / PR-2K7
8E0807110B GRU
edit: so it looks like the "PR-2K7" parts are all the S-Line versions and mine comes standard with the "grey"...

I've found it's often best to ring numbers, rather than rely on email enquiries, if you're after a quick answer.

but was I right with guessing that "PR-2K7" = S-Line?

They normally seem to have "grey", "primed" and then "PR-2K7"...