Rain Sensing Wipers

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Hi all....
My 2003 Audi A4 (B6) already has auto dimming mirror, auto lights and coming home/leaving lights....should it have auto rain sensing wipers as well,or was this another option at the time....:uhm:

Can anyone out there enlighten me...

Wonder if I should simply just VAGCOM my car to see if they are simply disabled....

Any more auto features and you will be able to drive it from the passenger seat :whistle2:

Usually with auto wipers there is a sensor built into the windscreen, usually by the rear view mirror as far as I know - does your car have one of those?

It's not even listed as an option on Parkers for a B6 :think:

Very amusing.....Auto lights are the biggest hoot.....

.......mind you...i did get pulled over and breathalysed in Trafalgar square when I picked my Mrs up from a fund raising ball....cos I forgot to switch my light son...tsk....

Auto wipers were not available on the B6. Don't know why as we had them on our '99 Bora and our '97 406 before that. Passat also had them.

I found them to be very good although not completely perfect. The Bora ones were slightly better than the Peugeot ones.

Thanks Macduff

Just had a look at the A4 "Owners Manual" ...and you are right...not a single mention of anything "Rain Sensing"....
Cheers

Along similar lines, I have just seen an auto light switch for sale on ebay. In addition to installing this what else would be required for them to work? I guess there must be a photometric (?) sensor too somewhere?