AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

tdi130 slight mpg, power problem

alright guys im having a small problem with my tdi130. recently after taking the car for a decent run using the turbo and most of the rev range to clear out some cob webs, as my car very rarely sees above 2000rpm all motor way to and from work

my cars mpg has dropped by around 5mpg. the area just bellow the egr valve seems to be wet with a black oil/fuel substance is this normal ? also the car doesnt feel as pokey as it used to. ive never noticed before there seems to be a slight hissing sound coming from the egr area whilst the car idles. this is only noticeable with the bonet open and you listen for it. with the slight drop in power feel and drop in mpg with the slight hiss made me think boost leak, but since this is noticeable on idle can this be the case as the turbo wont be providing any pressure

thanks for reading

mikey

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Check for a loose or split vacuum hose.

Reverse Gear

Status
    had the engine cover off the now so got my ear right down by the egr and hands right round it cant feel or hear the noise coming directly from it, to be honest im now thinking the slight hiss sounding noise is actualy just the sounds of the belts mixed with back ground and engine noise. still seems to be down on mpg and power

its going for a service next weekend and the mechanic has kindly offered to check out my maf to see if thats the reason for drop in mpg and power with it hitting 40k ive been told these fail around 30k ?